Tutorial spots freeing up (1 Viewer)

jassono

HSC
Hi guys, my search function is being uncooperative for some reason
In your experience, do students drop out of tutes often?? or change classes cos i really need to be in one of 9 econ1101 tutes on monday :p cos i need my remaining time for work D= Can anyone suggest what else I can do, other than check to see if anyone drops out??

Thanks

EDIT: Even better than someone dropping out is the uni adding another spot to every single econ1101 tute :D all is goood

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
you could talk to your faculty dude in person and they MAY squeeze you in (dont get you're hopes up though, you'd need a very very good reason).

not sure about tute dropouts.

Lydia_88

HSC
A few days after uni starts in week one, numbers tend to decrease coz they don't either like the course or want to hold it of...but just keep an eye on my.unsw or handbook.....

If all fails, like the poster above, you need to have a very very good reason - part time work isnt going to cut it i'm afraid :(

OR consider enrolling in semester two instead and i just checked that econ1101 is ALSO offered in semester two and summer session, so if it doesn't work for you this time, then you can enroll in the second semester...the majority of commerce subjects are offered all throughout the year, summer, semester one and two).

good luck!

Last edited:

jassono

HSC
Hmm I can only hope :) Hope so hard I pass out and hit my head on the bed's headboard
Yeahh ive actually been checking through myunsw, by varying enrolment, because the handbook is updated only a few times a day, yeah I know it's a bit much but i'd like my timetable to work for me. And funnily, tutes two hours too early (during a law lecture) or two hours later (at ungodly hours) than the one i wanted have freed up, so yeah hoping in the next 5 weeks i'll be luckier.
I also thought of doing that too lydia, slotting in another class but by now those classes are in even worse times

Thank youuu

jassono

HSC
Yeah I do use the class utility, its updated at 5am, noon and 6pm, so in between stuff happens, as ive seen :(

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Hmm, is it possible to change your class mid way through the semester?

jassono

HSC
Not if its after the census date...which I think is the 31st of march. After then you incur 'financial penalty' hot damn

LordPc

HSC
Not if its after the census date...which I think is the 31st of march. After then you incur 'financial penalty' hot damn
no no no. you are confusing a course with a tutorial.

from unsw handbook glossary

Course: Otherwise known as a subject, a course is an individual study unit offered within a program with a specific unit of credit weighting (for example, MATH1131 - Mathematics 1A , 6UoC). Components of a course may include lectures, tutorials or laboratory classes.

Students enrol in many courses to make up their program of study, some of which may be core courses (compulsory) or elective courses (where students are given a choice of courses).
a tutorial is like a high school class. you sit in a room with ~20 other students and a tutor who teaches you material and gives you a chance to ask questions.

you can change your tutorial at any time. you just need to fill out a form and give it into the student office. its fairly trivial and is a common occurence.

changing a course is different and much larger and you will incur financial and/or academic penalties for dropping at certain times. the census dates refer to courses

hope that makes things clearer :)

jassono

HSC

a tutorial is like a high school class. you sit in a room with ~20 other students and a tutor who teaches you material and gives you a chance to ask questions.

you can change your tutorial at any time. you just need to fill out a form and give it into the student office. its fairly trivial and is a common occurence.

changing a course is different and much larger and you will incur financial and/or academic penalties for dropping at certain times. the census dates refer to courses

Oh Really!! Hahah thats great, I feel much better now. Yeah i was confused and thought i had to finalise my timetable before the census date. Ohh then im sure my tute is bound to free up sometime in the semester, hahah thanks heaps :D

sinophile

HSC
N/A

Thats very interesting. Its nice to see they have this leniency to allow student to change their timetables a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)