Tutoring for the HSC: Math Ext 1 | Math Ext 2 | Legal Studies | Economics (1 Viewer)

Myans

HSC
Hey Guys,
My name is Dave and I have completed the HSC in 2012 achieving an ATAR of 99.85 which I am incredibly happy with :)

My marks are as follows:

Legal: 98 (First in the State)
Economics: 95
Maths Ext 1: 95
Maths Ext 2: 92

What differentiates myself from the usual tutors is an ability to communicate key concepts and principles effectively and efficiently, saving you time and maximising each tutoring session. Furthermore, I have existing tutoring experience in all subjects listed - so that students know lessons are pre planned, well thought out and target areas that teachers do not give enough emphasis to in class time. Finally, and probably most notably, my mentorship and guidance to younger students/fellow classmates was invaluable in terms of advice and general knowledge of the HSC. My grasp of how the HSC, ATAR and everything in between works is second to none, and was a significant benefit during my HSC - and is just waiting to be passed on to those that want to capture this knowledge.

Prices are negotiable depending on location and subject - I'm preferably looking to tutor students in the eastern suburbs/city region. However, I am also offering tutoring available via alternative methods such as Facebook Video, Skype, Email etc which of course, will come with reduced price.

To break down each subject:

Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2

Mainly targeted towards middle range students, with aims of around 90-95 HSC mark. With over 1500+ past papers (including solutions) plus textbooks galore, if it is resources you are after then look no further. Lessons involve quick theory based explanations, usually involving verbal dictations and dialogue rather than rote learning in order to maximise understanding, followed by intense practice past questions, of which most will be taken home.

Economics

An expert in the hardest humanities subject is highly sought after, however you have come to the right place. Achieving incredible marks throughout the year (including full marks in Case Study) were only slightly diminished by an underwhelming external performance. On top of two sets of HSC notes (one that is brief with diagrams, tables and short bullet points - the other 100+ pages of detailed information, loads of stats, essay plans and to the syllabus dot points), Students have access to a range of past papers as well as higher order economic articles that few schools are privileged to have. Furthermore, over 50 essay plans to a wide range of syllabus essay questions are a must have for any student aiming for a high band 6 in the subject.

Legal Studies

The creme de la creme - my favourite subject and by far my best result. To get First in the State in the course is something one can not achieve without tireless effort and judicious interrogation of a wide range of sources. But that work has been done by me already (and will continue to be done throughout your HSC years - leaving you with the most up-to-date, insightful knowledge of the NSW, AUS and International legal systems) - and it is now up to my future students to surpass even my own amazing marks. Over 50+ pages of detailed notes (Options include Family and World Order, but I plan to extend to consumers if the demand is there) + over 25 essay plans, all for free included when you subscribe to me as a tutor

Prices (negotiable!)(1/2 if it is not in person):
$30p/h group session (up to 3)
$50p/h 1 on 1

PM me for any other details including Mobile, Email, etc. Good luck 2013'ers and beyond!

Dave

Last edited:

honeycomb

HSC
This guy SERIOUSLY knows his stuff - one of the best essay markers out there. Gave me HEAPS of advice and suggestions throughout my legal essay & now I definitely know why he came first in the state!
Recommend him to everyone :)

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Bump for Dave, best Legal and Economics tutor out there!

Rayzablade

HSC
Bump for Dave, don't know him irl but he was willing to answer all my questions (believe me I asked a lot) in a detailed manner and also gave me tips on how to succeed in Legal. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who need some help as he explains concepts in a clear way that's easy to understand. Thanks for helping me!

ncoul

HSC
David's knowledge and capacity to effectively and succinctly communicate is proficient, whilst being ardently willing and evidently motivated to teach legal studies to the best of his ability. Definitely recommended as a prospective tutor for those struggling to cover the course.

Last edited:

iBibah

HSC
Good to see the target market for maths is by marks, this is the honesty needed by all tutors.

Bump for great marks!

psam919

HSC
Hi Dave

we are looking for a legal studies tutor who can assist with assessment tasks for our son

he has an assessment task on global envirnonmental protection

is this an area you are familiar with and can you help

do you do home visits /can he meet with you in a liubrary etc

we live in putney (ryde/gladesville are)

Myans

HSC
Hi Dave

we are looking for a legal studies tutor who can assist with assessment tasks for our son

he has an assessment task on global envirnonmental protection

is this an area you are familiar with and can you help

do you do home visits /can he meet with you in a liubrary etc

we live in putney (ryde/gladesville are)
PM'd

Myans

HSC
Bump - Now offering Essay editing for Economics and Legal Studies. PM if interested

Myans

HSC
Bump - Due to incredibly high demand for Legal Studies (1st in the State), Prices have gone up

Offering Essay Editing services for both Economics and Legal Studies irrespectively

gle

HSC
Hey Dave, I can't find your email or phone number, can u give me in ur reply?
Also where do u teach? I live in Bondi.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)