Tutoring on resume? (1 Viewer)

gm

HSC
I tutor a few of my friends - free of charge. We're in year 11.
What do i have to do to be able to put this on my resume as a part time job?

Thanks

bobo123

HSC
dunno
but you're able to tutor the same year level students? :eek:

very powerful indeed :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You can put it down. However, a prospective employer would not, in my opinion, care much about it, in comparison to someone who does tutoring for a coaching centre, or working even at McDonalds. But, if it's something. And something is better than nothing! :D

D

dragon

That would actually be community service - as you are not getting paid.

You could state you do community service, tutoring younger students. Or something along those lines...

AGB

HSC
i think that it would look like a big plus on ur resume....i mean its pretty impressive that u r willing to do sumthing to help other people for no pay.......

if i was an employer id employ u :) :D

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Go ahead and put it on your resume, no one's going to stop you. Having heard of some of the stuff that people put on their resume's that they supposedly do, your case is in some ways even funny. You actually do this tutoring, whereas you get a lot of people that put big things on their resumes that they have never even contemplated doing/being part of. I remember reading of someone who put on their resume that they were the president of some moderately sized charity. Anyway it turned out that the interviewer was the real president of that charity, so lets just say they didn't get the job.
So mate, go ahead and put it down, and congrats on being so helpful/considerate. You will find that there are a lot of people like you on here, who give up their valuable time to help the rest of us out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)