Two calculators to be safe? (1 Viewer)

xMorrow

HSC
Would it be wise to take 2 calculators into exams which require calculators? I know there is a very slim chance that your calculator will malfunction however, is it still a good idea? I'm kind of worried that I'll be the unlucky person to have my calculator stop working in the middle of the mathematics exam.

Also, does anyone have a rough idea on what the band 6 cut off for engineering is?

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Yes bring two calculators to be safe; l'm doing the same.

anne1010

HSC
lol my mum doesnt let me leave the house without 2 for exams.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you are really keen, bring 10. Two might malfunction, desperate friends might ask for a few, people might steal a couple from you and you might accidentally drop one.

enoilgam

HSC
Would it be wise to take 2 calculators into exams which require calculators? I know there is a very slim chance that your calculator will malfunction however, is it still a good idea? I'm kind of worried that I'll be the unlucky person to have my calculator stop working in the middle of the mathematics exam.

Also, does anyone have a rough idea on what the band 6 cut off for engineering is?
Better safe then sorry - I took two.

xMorrow

HSC
If you are really keen, bring 10. Two might malfunction, desperate friends might ask for a few, people might steal a couple from you and you might accidentally drop one.
Not keen to buy another one, let alone 10...

xMorrow

HSC
Now to the second part of OP, anyone know roughly what band 6 cut off for engineering is? I posted this in the subsection for engineering but that place is dead so it was to no prevail.

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
Be sure to bring at least four rulers as well, lest three of them chip and shatter.

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
Yes, take two calculators. Also, change their batteries.

I knew a friend a few years back who took 3 calculators into a maths exam. All 3 failed to work.

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
It's funny how on these forums, anyone who posts anything that appears to be unbelievable is a 'troll'. I've been here longer than you have. I'm no troll.
It was a true story by the way. Everyone after the exam was laughing their heads off when they found out.

enoilgam

HSC
It's funny how on these forums, anyone who posts anything that appears to be unbelievable is a 'troll'. I've been here longer than you have. I'm no troll.
It was a true story by the way. Everyone after the exam was laughing their heads off when they found out.
Poor guy.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's no indicator of credibility.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I wasn't trying to offend you intentionally so sorry if you took offence.. lol... It's just the events of that occuring is just close to impossible that's why O.O....

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually this is what im doing~~~
3 calculators (1 for radians, 1 for degrees and 1 for backup emergency)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)