UAC and HSC marks? (1 Viewer)

roli

HSC
hey, does anyone know whether the UAC takes into account your HSC mark overall or your raw marks when it determines your ATAR? Like say for physics I got 90 externally and 91 internally, so my overall HSC mark is 91, does the UAC (when calculating my ATAR) just take the rounded 91 mark or does it take some unrounded mark of 90.5?

Wondering about this because a lot of my HSC marks got 'rounded up', and was interested in how this affected the ATAR estimates I've been getting.

Cheers.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly, that 90.5 you're indicating to is not your raw mark, to read up on raw marks and scaling and aligning and moderating, hit up Board of Studies. UAC will use your actual raw exam marks from the paper and raw exam marks that calculated your HSC assessment mark - that might be confusing.

They use raw marks in order to be able to discriminate more and divide people up more intricately.

dereklau

HSC
hey, does anyone know whether the UAC takes into account your HSC mark overall or your raw marks when it determines your ATAR? Like say for physics I got 90 externally and 91 internally, so my overall HSC mark is 91, does the UAC (when calculating my ATAR) just take the rounded 91 mark or does it take some unrounded mark of 90.5?

Wondering about this because a lot of my HSC marks got 'rounded up', and was interested in how this affected the ATAR estimates I've been getting.

Cheers.

They use average, rounding up is too good to be true :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
they take 90.5 and thats y the calculators may vary a bit from the actual thing

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
they dont use the 90.5, they use the raw marks.
They don't use raw marks. They used SCALED marks. And the OP is referring to what number he should type into the ATAR calcs, which is 90.5 (the actual 'mark' isn't rounded, the ATAR calc will take the '90.5' and match it with a data entry corresponding to the scaled mark more accurately than the rounded up version)

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
They don't use raw marks. They used SCALED marks. And the OP is referring to what number he should type into the ATAR calcs, which is 90.5 (the actual 'mark' isn't rounded, the ATAR calc will take the '90.5' and match it with a data entry corresponding to the scaled mark more accurately than the rounded up version)
All hail 99.95ATAR

So wise.... how dare you guys try to question him

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
No they use raw marks not the hsc marks you got. They then scale those raw marks accordingly.

Jonneeh

HSC
No they use raw marks not the hsc marks you got. They then scale those raw marks accordingly.
Pretty much this is what they stated on the ATAR/UAC pamphlet sent out recently.

They take your "raw HSC mark" = (Raw exam + Raw assesment/2) then scale it

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I never said they use HSC marks to determine the ATAR. I said they use your SCALED marks to determine the ATAR (obviously, the scaled marks are derived from the raw marks as you said)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)