UAI or 1st year results for Transfer - confirmations (1 Viewer)

bananaslug

HSC
really? thats good news.. :) especially since my motivation is seriously slipping this semester...probably cos USYD's midsem break is after week 9 of semester -_-

SweetSeasons

HSC
my current gpa is 4.5, but i don't know my end of semester results yet but i got an early round transfer today for the ACU :D for teaching

HSC
ace said:
from unsw admissions today minai

(assume here, you have completed at least 1 year FTE)
Transferring to commerce;
they take the mark that is the highest, so either your secondary or teritary marks

Transferring to law;
50/50 UAI/GPA

Well that's from the head of the Admissions at UNSW anyhow. The marks from GPA turn into a mark, etc. the same as above (for the conversion part). You then get ranked against everyone else, as usual.

E.g. get 6.5 GPA, hello BCom, etc.
does this transferring into commerce thing only apply to students currently in UNSW?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no it applies to most unis.
can confirm 100% that usyd does this as well.
UTS has other procedures

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it applies to most "external" transfers (ie from one uni to a different one)

monchhichi

HSC
UTS only has that internal transfer thing if you are transferring within the same falculty.. anything else, you have to apply through UAC :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hey guys
im doing env sci at unsw at the moment and im thinking about transferring to either medical science or health and exercise science
so basically if i want to transfer at the end of the first semester, they look at my uai only and if i want to transfer at the end of the year, then they look at my uai and gpa?
so do you know roughly what i need to get for my gpa, considering i only got 79.85 for my uai
thanks

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Where do you find your GPA? Academic Transcript?
yes. myUNSW --> Student Profile --> Academic Transcript.

Zafar azam

HSC
N/A
epsilon said:
Yo dudes, I was just browsing through this thread, and I realised that Grizzly, who got a lower sum of UAI +Uni mark, managed to transfer successfully into B. Com UNSW while ace who supposedly got a higher combined mark didn't. What the...? What does this mean then? Is the selection purely based on those 2 marks, or do they take stuff like extra-curricular activites into consideration as well? If its purely on marks, how do you explain Grizzly's case then?

Oh yeah, and btw, about the uni mark, how do I count mine? Like do I take all the marks I got from my tutor for a subject, and average them up, to get my year's average grade for that subject, or what?
This ques may sound bit irrelevant but still asking u; firstly i thank u in advance for ur inputs.

I am enrolling to Maq uni with some exemptions from my past degree, so

1.Will the university be counting my grades( Cr/D/HD) obtained from my old Uni?

2. How about the GPA, is it the exempted subjs will be( or not) counted ?

3. For instance if i failed exempted subject at first try and got a HD at second go , does it get counted (or any possiblity) towards my new course?

Really appreciate ur times.

Cheers

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just confirming that UNSW takes the better of UAI/GPA for transfers into Eco/Comm degrees? If you fail a subject at uni and your uai is high enough, would that affect your chances?

hannahxxx

HSC
Know it's a long shot asking but I was wondering if anyone had any idea/had got a transfer into law at macquarie? My gpa aim is around 3.8 ( having done first semester and gotten back the marks this is pretty accurate) and my uai was 92.35. I dunno does anyone know about the sort of uai/gpa combo needed 4 it?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
velox said:
Just confirming that UNSW takes the better of UAI/GPA for transfers into Eco/Comm degrees? If you fail a subject at uni and your uai is high enough, would that affect your chances?
does anyone have the answer to this question?

mewantcookies

HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
Yes, except the "generally first years are not permitted to defer". Most schools will allow you to defer second semester of first year at UTS.

Also, UTS has its own Internal Transfer structure, so you don't have to apply through UAC for every little thing. It also means that for UTS to UTS transfer your GPA is the only thing that will count.

hmmmm... can someone explain this to me please.... im pulling my hair out just trying to understand this transfer thing....
im currently doing med sci/international studies... and am about to go into 2nd year... and i want to transfer into med sci/law at the end of my second year... if im reading the above correctly.. does that mean if i apply for the transfer they will only take my uni marks??? i asked the student centre but since law and business student centres have combined... i dont know if they were telling me the right info~~ someone please HELP!

Last edited:

scottyscottysco

HSC
im in my first year at unsw doing social science with a uai of 79.4. anyone kno what kinda uni marks ill need to get into commerce (95) or economics (91)??
i dnt kno how big the gap is.
cheers

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
minimal HD average. Even that might not be enough to get into com

HSC
velox said:
Yes, you will be assessed for admission on the best of either your UAI or GPA. This is the case for the Australian School of Business and some other faculties, except for some courses such as law which is a 50/50 - UAI/GPA. In your case, your tertiary results will be disregarded, taking into account your UAI only.

scottyscottysco said:
im in my first year at unsw doing social science with a uai of 79.4. anyone kno what kinda uni marks ill need to get into commerce (95) or economics (91)??
i dnt kno how big the gap is.
cheers
Looking at some of the previous posts in this thread a Credit/Distinction will give you a fighting chance of getting in those courses. If you get those marks, UAI won't be included in your admission rank.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)