UAI or 1st year results for Transfer - confirmations (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks to another forum member emailing UNSW's admissions unit (which should apply to all other uni's as it is a UAC matter anyway), if you DONT complete 1 year of full time uni study, then your application to transfer will count only your UAI. Hopefully this guy knows what he's talking about

Dear x,

If you wish to transfer to a different degree in Semester 1, 2005 you will apply through UAC for undergraduate study in August/September this year.

In terms of how your application will be assessed, your new admissions rank will be a combination of your UAI and your grade point average from at least ONE complete year of full time tertiary study. So if you withdrew from your degree after one Semester, your admissions rank for entrance to university next year would simply be your UAI. You could also defer from your current course in order to avoid completing one year of full time study, however usually first year students aren't permitted to defer. This is something you would have to discuss with your school/faculty.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Will
UNSW Admissions Office

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, except the "generally first years are not permitted to defer". Most schools will allow you to defer second semester of first year at UTS.

Also, UTS has its own Internal Transfer structure, so you don't have to apply through UAC for every little thing. It also means that for UTS to UTS transfer your GPA is the only thing that will count.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
As of 2005 UTS will no longer be offering internal course transfers in any faculty I believe, except if your just dropping from a double to single degree or moving between similar degrees. Everything else has to be done through UAC.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
so minai are you saying if i defer now my NRSL index will equal my UAI and i'll definitely transfer into UNSW?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Frigid
so minai are you saying if i defer now my NRSL index will equal my UAI and i'll definitely transfer into UNSW?
THAT im unsure of
I think you should assume that you dont complte 1 year of study, your UAI will be used in the selection process with other Yr12's..

However, there is evidence (such as natstar) NOT getting into her course (which she had the UAI for - class2002 but deferred)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by jasee
As of 2005 UTS will no longer be offering internal course transfers in any faculty I believe, except if your just dropping from a double to single degree or moving between similar degrees. Everything else has to be done through UAC.
moving between similar degrees... you would think moving from ba comm (soc inquiry)/b laws to ba comm (pub comm)/b laws would be similar enough! apparently not :|

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
how would i go about deferring my degree to next year and then dropping it next year since i cant drop it now? i dont want to do it in session 2.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
commerce/science at unsw. i only want commerce. i went to the student centre, noone can give me a straight answer.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
my friend wanted to transfer from B Mathematics and Finance to B Business @UTS, but the admin said that he cant becuz that B Mathematics and Finance is part of the Faculty of Science and that it would need to take at least a year for a internal course transfer.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Im assuming this is to transfer to another UNI ?
I cant remember, but it does cost to apply through UAC ?

So, basically, you list out all your 9? preferences - and you get a letter of acceptance in January 2005 along with 2004 yr12'ers ...etc?

Exactly like the process from YR12 > UNI ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ezzy85 said:
commerce/science at unsw. i only want commerce. i went to the student centre, noone can give me a straight answer.
which student centre?
make sure its FCE (commerce student centre)
but FCE is notorious for not knowing anything..

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
which student centre?
make sure its FCE (commerce student centre)
but FCE is notorious for not knowing anything..
yes, fce and clearly im not the only one who thinks theyre useless.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i was doing b eco/arts and i dropped my arts right before session ended... i did all my exams and stuff but its just i didnt want to continue with arts.. all i did was go to fce and fill out that yellow change of plan sheet.. they took it said it was ok and that was it.. my guess is that the arts component ends up as an option or gen ed then..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)