UAI Prediction (1 Viewer)

Melissy

HSC
Re: UAI predicton plz :(

hello.....i am coming first in all first all of my subjects which are business studies, communtiy and family studies, legal studies, general maths and standard english. Additionally in all of my assesments/assignments i have been getting band 5s and band 6s...can anyone tell me what uai i can expect...roughly???????

K

katie_tully

nobody can tell you what your UAI will be, it's unpredictable. it depends how everybody else goes, how your hsc exams go and whether you maintain those marks for the rest of the year

freakin stress less kids, UAI is not the end of the world, nor is it really an indicator of intelligence or potential.

i got a shit uai and i'm awesome.

ccc123

HSC

Melissy said:
hello.....i am coming first in all first all of my subjects which are business studies, communtiy and family studies, legal studies, general maths and standard english. Additionally in all of my assesments/assignments i have been getting band 5s and band 6s...can anyone tell me what uai i can expect...roughly???????

*No one can predict your UAI at this stage, not even roughly.

*You can't say you're "getting band 5's and 6's" because your HSC performance band is determined by how well you've performed in comparison to the HSC cohort. A common misconception is the presumption that an 90+ in school assessments is band 6, 80+ is band 5 etc etc, but this is completely wrong, becvause the marks you are getting in school assessments are raw, and have not undergone the complex process of modification.

*Telling us your 'coming 1st in all your subjects' doesn't mean anything to anyone. First out of how many? It could be 1/1 for all we know.

*All that you can do is get off BOS, stop hypothesising/annoying others for what would be invalid opinions at this stage, and work to the best of your ability.

Last edited:

Melissy

HSC
If you read it properly i said if i keep up this consistantcy....And if you are going to accuse some1 of doing something wrong GET the acusation correct. Get your head out of your ass...

ccc123

HSC

Um..? If you read your own post properly, you'd see that you didn't say 'if i keep this up consistantly':

Melissy said:

And if you read my post(s) properly or katie_Tully's, it would now be clear to you that your question cannot be answered, especially given the limited information.You failed to reveal what you were cominf 1st out of (could be 1/1 for all we know) and you used the term 'bands' in an irrelevant context.

Seems as though you're the one who can't read/has your head in your ass [insert any other one of your charming comments].

Last edited:

fantabulous

HSC
Melissy said:
If you read it properly i said if i keep up this consistantcy....And if you are going to accuse some1 of doing something wrong GET the acusation correct. Get your head out of your ass...
Quit being so rude. ccc123 was giving constructive criticism. You would do well to 'get your head out of your ass' and listen.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A

ccc123 said:
You failed to reveal what you were cominf 1st out of (could be 1/1 for all we know)
Does it really matter if you perform well in the external exam? If you are ranked 1st and come 1st in your external exam, you will get the same mark for both your internal and external marks. Am i wrong ?

ssglain

HSC
kony said:
Quit trolling and go back to work.

markzada said:
Does it really matter if you perform well in the external exam? If you are ranked 1st and come 1st in your external exam, you will get the same mark for both your internal and external marks. Am i wrong ?
@Melissy: He's right. Being ranked first in all of your subjects (regardless of the size of your cohort) puts you into a prime position in terms of the moderation of your internal assessment mark. It is good to keep your eye on the goal, but in order to achieve it you've got to build up some solid ground work first. Keep up the great performance.

ccc123

HSC

markzada said:
Not really. I was just saying that it's hard to tell so early on and with so little information, so she should just do her best.

fantabulous

HSC
But, like, she's going to do bad with those subjects anyway...so ccc123 is right..

ccc123

HSC
fantabulous said:
But, like, she's going to do bad with those subjects anyway...so ccc123 is right..
I didn't say she's do bad, and she won't necessarily perform poorly "with those subjects." If she does well, despite the scaling, she should achieve a high UAI. My point was that its very difficult to give any sort of prediction, because its early days and there is hence very little to predict from.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)