UC wtf (1 Viewer)

beststreet

HSC
N/A
so the cut-offs have dropped around 10 points and i can now pick any course except law (this is a dream come true). i am really tempted to apply for int studies/communications (journalism) instead of taking my management/int studies degree.
i know there are too many questions to ask, but in your own personal opinion, which course would you choose:

b arts int. studies/ b management

or

b arts int.studies/ b comm (journalism)

both look fun and i think i could achieve well in either

davo_

good kid
HSC
I guarantee they'll still publish the cut-offs at 75 or whatever. Umm I've studied units of management and its a good deal, but then again doing international studies and journo would be sweet - me myself would probably love getting a job in journo somewhere overseas (being a travel writer with decent pay would probably be about the best job in the world). But then again jobs in journo aren't exactly flourishing.

psychochondriac

HSC
well i personally would pick journalism/intl studies because that was my 2nd pref after arts/law. haha. so maybe you shouldn't listen to me coz i'm biased.

LynH1326

HSC
Where did you guys see that??? Sounds like they really want people in!

davo_

good kid
HSC
You can see it in the paper - it doesn't actually say the minimum cut-off for most courses is 65; but its pretty obvious.

Rory

HSC
I'd go for the Int. Studies/Journalism - I do PR with a major in Int. Studies and they're both really good courses; the communications department at UC is really good and I think you'll enjoy that much more than Management but it's you're decision in the end, if you don't like it after a semester/year you can always look to transfer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)