UCAT entry levels? (1 Viewer)

MinaSaw

HSC
Dear Everyone,
I've been practicing for the UCAT and it has been pretty tough so far. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the Unis will probs be asking for in terms of entry into medicine dentistry etc (UNSW, UWS, Adelaide etc).

I cannot find any information regarding this. Considering they wanted atleast 85%+ percentile in UMAT, that's about 2690 - 2810/3600 in terms of percentiles in the UCKAT. Does anyone have factual information because I'm just speculating.

Cheers

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't quite understand what your asking since you are talking about UCAT then asked about what they might ask in interviews, and entwined the two topics. But for your question about what they ''probs be asking for in terms of entry into medicine/dentistry'', (assuming you mean what they will ask in interviews), no one knows what they ask except the people who have been in the interviews and those people legally are not allowed to tell anyone as they have signed an agreement stating they uphold the privacy of the university to not disclose any information about what they are asked in the interview. However, if you do your research, you can sum what connect them all together and sort of predict what they may ask. Nowadays, the usual question is ''Why you want to do medicine?'', however universities have drifted from this question, and instead ask question about what you might do in situations they give you, like in section 5 of the UCAT. In terms of entry into med/dentistry, they might ask what exposure have you had that made you want to pursue medicine/dentistry, and in this case they expect you to have experience and basically elaborate your passion for med/dent through those experiences. But alot of people don't have experience, so universities might not ask this question OR might completely deny entry for students with no experience since the ones that do have better answers and know what to expect.
In the interview, it isn't just about your passion for medicine, they want people who are all rounded likeable people. They check people's mental state and see if they want to get in medicine because they truly enjoy helping people and learning about the field of medicine or their getting into medicine because they want the money/reputation, impress and listen to their parents and because they want to impress people they meet, especially in church telling from your name. I've met alot of people in the church (Coptic Church) who have gone into med purely because they want to impress the church community and money so don't go in because you want to impress everyone with your academic skills, performance and achievements. Do what you love not what everyone else wants you to be.

Good luck with your entry into med/dentistry, and if you want more info about entry into med/dent just ask me! God bless

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot to mention, if your wondering about the marks you need to get in, that's entirely dependent on your atar score and the interview. I have seen and heard of alot of people getting 98 and 99+ atars and still not getting into med. As well as hearing alot of people get 90+ percentile in umat (now ucat) and not get in due to their atar. And I have also hear people getting into the interviews but failing, even though they got 99+ atar and 95+ percentile in umat. In fact, unsw interview 435 students based on the atar and ucat, then only accept 130 of those 435 or so students, so ucat score required depends on how well you do in your atar and interview. UNSW use an algorithm as they have said in their information evenings so no one, not even unsw, can tell you the minimum ucat score needed for entry into med because it is in combination with atar as well as interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)