UCAT/Medicine (1 Viewer)

lognog

HSC
I want to know should i do the UCAT test in 2019 or take a gap year and do it in 2020? i am going to do my HSC in 2019.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
My advice would be to do it in 2019, you can study for the UCAT over the course of 9 whole months, but make sure to prioritise your school work though. Even if you don't well in the UCAT in 2019, you already seem to be willing to take a gap year so you can do it in 2020. If you personally think that your school work will be too hard on you (I dont know what subjects you are doing or whether you find any difficulty in them) then I would suggest taking the gap year

c8

HSC
What differentiates these two?
It seems as though Medentry has reused/readapted their UMAT questions to the UCAT which makes the questions slightly harder (I think UMAT was harder but I didn't do it so idk lol) and Medentry is also more expensive than Medify I'm pretty sure. Medify came from the UK, I believe, which has been using the UCAT for medicine entry before Australia so their questions are a better indicator of performance in the exam and also the structure of their mock exams are more similar to the real thing. I would personally go with Medify as I like the structure and practice questions more but it's worth noting that Medentry comes with 8 mocks (same as Medify) from which you can buy 7 more so technically there's more mocks on Medentry if you're willing to pay extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)