ucat (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
is it too late to start studying for ucat?

icycledough

HSC
This is probably the time when I started my prep this time last year. 6+ months is plenty, and if used effectively, can definitely help you in getting a great score. Definitely better to give yourself more time than leave yourself with not enough time.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Not sure if this is meant to be a pisstake or not. Most friends I know, managed to get in the mid 90th %ile's whilst preparing for it in ≈2-2.5 months. I'm sure if you start at 6 months its more than enough.

icycledough

HSC
Also keep in mind that it may clash with trials (depending on the Covid situation), so starting early gives you some time which you would have to take off instead to study for trials. It also means that you can start off quite lightly (a few hours a week), and gradually increase the hours as you get used to it.

jkjkjk

HSC
Not sure if this is meant to be a pisstake or not. Most friends I know, managed to get in the mid 90th %ile's whilst preparing for it in ≈2-2.5 months. I'm sure if you start at 6 months its more than enough.
not a pisstake, i genuinely thought it was too late as I know some people who started in year 10 😅

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
not a pisstake, i genuinely thought it was too late as I know some people who started in year 10 😅
Different people require different amounts of preparation. I also know some people who are studying a bunch and have been grinding since the beginning of year 10. One dude has finished the 10k questions on medentry. But there are others who are quite good already and require less time like a relative of mine. He began studying closer to the test date because of a career change and got an insanely high score. He says that although having a high IQ helped, focusing on his weakness, verbal reasoning was the most important thing. But it was also given that he finished studying for the HSC during the holidays so he could spend some more time closer to trials.

So yeah, I guess it depends on how much time you think you need according to your abilities. Please don't base your fears around what others are doing. They may find the ucat harder than it is for you so they may need more time. Just make sure you plan out your attack strategy. But yeah, from what I have heard from my school was that the current holidays are good time to start cause like said previously you are gonna want to focus on trials coming up so yeah.

Jojofelyx

HSC
That level of unnecessary pressure placed by their parents in year 10 would be quite detrimental imo. lol ucat prepping for 2 years is simply absurd. Anyway back to your point. Just start now. Do an hour or so daily, because consistency outweighs cramming all day :)

charly1

HSC
I don’t think it’s too late especially because this heavily depends on each person (e.g. how fast you study and how long you can study each day).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)