• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uh oh, chem assessment? (2 Viewers)

Finx

HSC
My first term chem assessment (not half-yearlies) was weighted as 25% of my assessment mark. I scored 65% in the test.

Now, I know I fucked up, and my rank is below average.

However, I go to a school which is ranked ~60th. I don't know if this helps.

I'd like to know how well I need to do in the future to get mid band-5 in Chemistry at the end of the year.

Thanks in advance!

kevda1st

HSC
lol at these posts.....I know im not helping but if u think u did bad, go study instead of sobing here....

Finx

HSC
No, most of the retarded posts are like 'omg what uai can i get with my subjects' etc.

I'm asking how well do I need to do in future assessments + HSC exams to get mid band-5 in Chemistry?

Last edited:

Venom.

HSC
My first term chem assessment (not half-yearlies) was weighted as 25% of my assessment mark. I scored 65% in the test.

Now, I know I fucked up, and my rank is below average.

However, I go to a school which is ranked ~60th. I don't know if this helps.

I'd like to know how well I need to do in the future to get mid band-5 in Chemistry at the end of the year.

Thanks in advance!
What you ranked? In the end, you got 16.25/25. So in essence, once boiled down, you can only get a maximum of 95.75 in Chemistry as your HSC mark.

Thats not taking into account scaling and moderation. Dont worry now man, you're still good, you can still pick it up. To get a band 5 I guess you'd need to even out the average toward 80+, and do well in the actual HSC itself.

And still, dont freak out. I know a guy who got 50 for his English Assessment mark prior to the hsc, and ended up with a 72 HSC mark for English :santa: (top 50 school) so no worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)