UMAT Preparation Advice (1 Viewer)

superstar12

HSC
Hi, I'm sitting the UMAT in 2015, with the dream of studying Medicine at university. Does anyone have an advice in terms of preparing for the UMAT?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Don't waste shitloads of money on buying papers.
If you practice, start early and time yourself.

Other than this nothing really.

bangladesh

HSC
Don't waste shitloads of money on buying papers.
If you practice, start early and time yourself.

Other than this nothing really.
Idk, i'd kind of disagree with that. I think buying the extra ACER papers is a really good practice as long as you time yourself.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Idk, i'd kind of disagree with that. I think buying the extra ACER papers is a really good practice as long as you time yourself.
nikk papers from people - offer trade or something. And most importantly, start now. Don't procrastinate like me.

photastic

HSC
I wonder how those who spent money on Umat tutoring feel when they failed it

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder how those who spent money on Umat tutoring feel when they failed it
Depends what you consider failing is, since entering the medical field has so many factors accounting to it. Maybe considering not entering the field failing? Or maybe a low UMAT score? My friend tried UMAT and she failed the interview; so while she wasn't able to enter the field, spending all that money did give her a good experience.

enoilgam

HSC
The ACER papers are definitely worth it - but I personally wouldnt splash out $700 - $800 for UMAT tutoring. Also, as Adrita and Amirbang pointed out, the timing with the UMAT is critical. The exam itself isnt too bad, but it's the timing that gets people.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
ACER papers aren't expensive, I'm talking about dishing out thousands of dollars

iStudent

HSC
Do UMAT tutoring if medicine is really your dream :) (and start early).

iStudent

HSC
ACER papers aren't expensive, I'm talking about dishing out thousands of dollars
You can always apply for scholarships (if you're referencing MedEntry). I personally got the whole platinum package for $295ish. (teacher's discount).

youngsky

poof
HSC
Is UMAT tutoring bad? I'm thinking of buying a Medentry or Medstart package.
It's not 'bad', just that often people are unaware of the best value for money packages that are available, end up spending too much money on tutoring, and then complain about it.

superstar12

HSC
So what kind of tutoring/packages do you guys recommend for best preparation?

Medman

HSC
Is UMAT tutoring bad? I'm thinking of buying a Medentry or Medstart package.
UMAT tutoring materials are made by people who excelled at UMAT 98%+ but the problem is they still don't understand the fundamentals to making the questions and getting the right answers. You can pay for it if you want but there is not guarantee it may improve your UMAT score. Practice is good though.

iStudent

HSC
Don't want to derail the thread in respect to the OP, but can I ask how much time you are given when you actually sit the exam?
3 hours + 10 minutes reading time to do 134 questions.

superstar12

HSC
UMAT tutoring materials are made by people who excelled at UMAT 98%+ but the problem is they still don't understand the fundamentals to making the questions and getting the right answers. You can pay for it if you want but there is not guarantee it may improve your UMAT score. Practice is good though.
So what kind of practice do you recommend?

bangladesh

HSC
So what kind of practice do you recommend?
I think acer is the best thing to do. After Acer, i'd go with medentry just because they have more students and invest more money into their material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)