UMAT questions (1 Viewer)

simplyyme

HSC
I'm planning on doing the UMAT this year and I have a couple of questions I need answered and would appreciate any help I can get. :)

1. Is the UMAT as difficult as it is made out to be ?

2. Is it possible to get a decent/good UMAT score without or with very little preparation beforehand e.g. UMAT tutoring with Medentry or F2F ?

3. Is it recommended to pay the couple hundred of dollars needed to do these tutorials?

4. Are the practice materials provided by ACER any good ?

5. Would it be possible to get a decent/good UMAT with the only preparation being doing the questions provided in the ACER practice materials books ?

note:
if this has been posted before I'm sorry, but it's just going to take way too long to browse a hundred pages of threads while being extremely capped.

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
1. well it is hard theres no doubt about it. but if you are well prepared, and know what to expect then u should be fine. you also have to remember that there is an element of luck involved as with any multiple choice exam. but i dont really know how to answer that question as im not aware of how hard ppl make it out to be.

2. sure you can. it all depends on u. i know heaps of ppl who only bought the acer booklets and ended up excellent marks that wouldve gotten them quite a few interviews. but then i also know heaps of ppl who didnt do preparation and got below 50 percentile. the fact is, it works wonders for some and doesnt work for others. but if u are serious and have time, definitely do some preparation as it can only improve your chances of getting a good score.

3. well this depends. if you have spare cash which you have no where to spend then go for it. u wont know if its worth it unless you try it out. but there are also cheaper alternatives as people have suggested such as MENSA puzzle books, emotional intelligence books etc.

4. General consensus is that the booklets are too easy compared to the actual UMAT questions. however, they do give quite a good indication of the style of questions. probably best to buy these second hand.

5. as mentioned in question 2, u CAN get a decent mark with only doing these booklets. however, i emphasise "CAN".

hope that helps. now rep me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)