UMAT Results (1 Viewer)

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
shepwarp said:
I have an interview lined up at UNSW... my predicted UAI is 100... I'm not sure how that measures up to TER because my TER should be coming in >99.5... if all goes to plan. My UMAT scores were 54 (73%), 52 (67%) and 52 (57%)...

Are my chances for making it into UNSW ok?
You're in the same boat as me, i got 161, but only had a 94-97 prediction. If our ENTER matches our prediction (mine will hopefully surpass it), then why wouldn't we be in with a chance. I've always considered the interview as my best chance to get in, so for me i think it's half the battle and as a fellow rural kid i'm sure it'd be much the same for you. Extra pressure on our interviews though now

shepwarp

HSC
BA22 said:
You're in the same boat as me, i got 161, but only had a 94-97 prediction. If our ENTER matches our prediction (mine will hopefully surpass it), then why wouldn't we be in with a chance. I've always considered the interview as my best chance to get in, so for me i think it's half the battle and as a fellow rural kid i'm sure it'd be much the same for you. Extra pressure on our interviews though now
Yeah... I was hoping for that... I'm from Tasmania... so I'm hoping our general 'country bumpkinness' will be able to get us through :) I'm actually looking forward to the interview, because I know that personality-wise I may have a better shot than some people... thanks for the reassurance though!

blackrifice

HSC
S1: 64(92)
S2: 54(74)
S3: 75(100)

totalled at 193 raw, so not bad. little late checking these, but its proof that you dont need to spend the money to get a half decent score.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Autumn_Rain said:
Section One : 90 (100%)
Section Two : 66 (98%)
Section Three: 60 (88%)
Overall UMAT score: 72 (100%)

Raw mark total : 216
Percentile total : 286

Given that I didn't inititally get offered a UNSW interview because of an admin stuff-up and therefore thought I'd failed, I'm ecstatic.

Well done to everyone who's happy with their results. For others, there's always next year!
WOW:eek: . Those UMAT scores are awesome. Well Done. I will be very surprised if you do NOT make it in medicine given your crazy UMAT score and your 99 UAI.

Good luck with UNSW interview=p :wave:

ajx

HSC
N/A
hey i beat Autumn Rain in terms of Umat scores and I am not getting any of the credit.

Yeh 216 UMAT might give you a 10% chance of getting into med, but your UAI might be a bit too low.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
ajx said:
hey i beat Autumn Rain in terms of Umat scores and I am not getting any of the credit.
Hehehehe, are you being serious or do you enjoy being a practical stuntsman. Your so called UMAT score of 280 raw seems a bit too fake. If you wanted to make up a score, you did not do a good job.

Credit. Well credit only goes out to those who really deserve it.

ajx said:
Yeh 216 UMAT might give you a 10% chance of getting into med, but your UAI might be a bit too low.

Are you on ecstasy or coccaine? A 216 UMAT score is a dream come true for every candidate. And knowing Autumn Rain , the chances of her getting into med are much more like 99%. However, your chances seem to be like only 10% given your very crude and arrogant personality.

Last edited:

un 1

HSC
N/A
kido_1 said:
Hehehehe, are you being serious or do you enjoy being a practical stuntsman. Your so called UMAT score of 280 raw seems a bit too fake. If you wanted to make up a score, you did not do a good job.

Credit. Well credit only goes out to those who really deserve it.

Are you on ecstasy or coccaine? A 216 UMAT score is a dream come true for every candidate. And knowing Autumn Rain , the chances of her getting into med are much more like 99%. However, your chances seem to be like only 10% given your very crude and arrogant personality.

qft
Apparently ajx got a raw UMAT score of 280(=so believable).

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
300 UMAT and 100 UAI is worthless if you do not fit the criteria the interviewers are assessing you on.
They're not looking for super-geeks; they're aiming to select the right candidates to become tomorrows doctors.

Autumn_Rain

HSC
ajx said:

Well done, ajx. Good luck with your interview and I hope you get the 100 UAI that you'd like.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Bacilli said:
300 UMAT and 100 UAI is worthless if you do not fit the criteria the interviewers are assessing you on.
They're not looking for super-geeks; they're aiming to select the right candidates to become tomorrows doctors.
Wtf I didn't make this post? Someone's haxxing my accounts...

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Lol I could swear I didn't create the post before last.
Ah well...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hey guys i wanted to ask for some advice, i did some papers as practise (acer booklet) and i got about 65/63/70 % in each section but in the real umat my score was bout 53/27/50 do you think i shud apply for a remark?, or do i really just suck at umat?:(

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Here's the information in relation to remark:

The UMAT Ofice will not enter into appeals against UMAT results.
Nor is it possible to give any special consideration for impaired performance on the day of the test caused by illness or other unexpected personal situations.
There is no possibility of special consideration being applied to test results by ACER or by University Admissions Committees. Under no circumstances will Scores be adjusted to account for any perceived disadvantage. If you have a complaint relating to the test centre or the conduct of the test, this should be reported to the supervisor on the day, or in writing to the UMAT Ofice within seven days of the test administration.
Candidates are advised that UMAT results are released only after careful calculation and extensive checking. Errors in scoring are highly unlikely.
However, following receipt of the UMAT Statement of Results a candidate may apply for a re-mark of his or her answer sheet if they believe an error may have been made.
A re-mark involves manual scoring of the answer sheet. The resulting scores will then be compared with the computer-generated scores to check that there has been no error in calculating or collating marks.
Requests for re-mark must be made in writing to the UMAT Ofice at ACER and must be received no later than Friday 19 October 2007. The fee of $85 payable for this service must be included with the written request (cheque, money order
or credit card payments are acceptable). In the unlikely case of a scoring error being found, the re-mark fee would be refunded. All re-marks will be processed after the deadline of 19 October. Re-mark results cannot be released to candidates in time for selecting university preferences.
You went well for first run! I can't answer your question though...

D

dzzlng_07

billy_slater said:
yeah its much lower for gws'ers.. i know a few people who got in last year with mid 160 raw marks.

i'm wondering if anyone knows last years umat cutoff for griffith dentistry? or the griffith med science/med program.
they actually got in?? :confused:

jamiejamie

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
hey guys i wanted to ask for some advice, i did some papers as practise (acer booklet) and i got about 65/63/70 % in each section but in the real umat my score was bout 53/27/50 do you think i shud apply for a remark?, or do i really just suck at umat?:(
lol im sure u dont suck, but out of all the people who i've heard getting a remark, none have had a change in their score.

Unless you did a lot of rubbing out of answers and then colouring in other boxes, so that the machine that calculates ur results might mistake ur answers, i wouldn't go for one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)