Unfit or medical condition? (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
so just yesterday i was late for a certain meeting and had to semi sprint through uni. i had breakfast (a little too recently) and was feeling fine at the time. after about 3-5 minutes of light sprinting i eventually just slowed to a walk and was just feeling the usual tiredness/short of breath while i walked to my destination.

from then on i realised i was very short on breath. +30 minutes after i was still panting and having that vomitting feeling aswell as a slight pins and needles sensation. while walking back down the mainwalk of uni for some reason i was almost in tears just by keeping my eyes open. it was so uncomfortable that i spent most of the walk with my eyes closed or with my hand shielding my view. i had a massive headache, similar to that drunken feeling when it seems to take you a second longer to register what youre looking at. it took about an hour (spent mostly sitting/laying down) before i recovered enough to do anything more than a walk.

during school i would rate myself as fairly average in terms of fitness/sporting ability, though i was never really much of an endurance runner and always seemed to be the first to tire. apart from walking and the occasional jog or short training session i havent had too much excercise since starting uni, but still thought i was reasonably fit.

have i turned into a complete lard or could i have a certain medical condition?

quik.

HSC
Most people grossly overestimate how fit they are, so it could simply be you've gotten lazy.

Never a bad idea to incorporate some sort of regular exercise into your life :]

Depending on how soon after breakfast this happened, it may contribute to you feeling a bit shit afterwards.

But a quick checkup won't hurt if your worried.

CieL

HSC
Hmm..

Are you a smoker by any chance?
Or a history of asthma?
Or.. shit blood cells that don't carry oxygen properly?

I'd go see a doctor.. the nausea isnt normal.. I got shit blood cells that make me pant for ages, and get dizzy easily, but never the desire to vomit..

Heck, the only time I had symptoms like that was when I was working, and chopping capsicums in a warm enclosed area for 10mins.. nfi if I'm allergic to them or not [never eat them, hate them in fact], but I broke out into a cold sweat, started panting, got pins n needle feelings over my shoulder and back, wanted to chuck up, got a headache, started seeing black spots in my vision, went totally pale, and nearly blacked out..

rozymisty

HSC
The shit blood cells would indicate anaemia. Women are more prone to it, as they lose iron when they have their periods. Its the iron that helps carry oxygen around on your red blood cells. You can be either deficient or anaemic...i flucuate between the two.

The closed room, id say you were afffected by the heat, coz that happened to me the other day at work, i was helping to shower a patient (im an assistant nurse) and there were me and another nurse and the patient in a small rom and the room was gettring rather steamy and i had to get out of there coz i felt really dizzy.

Id say go and get a fitness examination with your doctor, they always say to get a full check up before taking up any new exercise and stuff, so that might be a good idea. Or you could try to eat earlier if you know your going to be late..which doesnt make sense but yeah. Hm maybe try and go for a regular walk and incorporate some short sprints. This high intensity training will help you burn fat more too than just walking alone.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The heat thing makes sense - heat thins your blood. It's the same thing that happens when you have a long, hot bath and then get out and walk around (or not - good way to induce dizziness!).

My advice, as in any situation as this: GO TO A DOCTOR. It's NOT HARD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)