• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uni and degree options HELP PLS (2 Viewers)

grahhhhhh

HSC
I'm planning to do postgrad medicine because I didn't do UCAT and ik I won't get anywhere close to a 99 ATAR.

I got an early entry offer for Advanced Science (Pre-Med) from UTS, however my parents are heavily biased towards UNSW and USYD because they assume that the unsmart people go to other universities, such as UTS (which ik is not true) and they got really upset with me when I mentioned universities beside USYD and UNSW.

At first, I was planning on doing a Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW as a backup if I don't pass the GAMSAT exam because I heard it's a relatively easier degree to get a higher GPA with than MedSci/Sci and I can get a career option with that degree. However, if I don't get the expected ATAR, I want to do a Science degree at USYD/UNSW to help with GAMSAT, but I'm scared that I won't get into postgrad med because it's highly competitive and idk what to do with a Science degree :(

For background info, my HSC subjects are: maths advanced, chemistry, physics, language and english standard.

idk I'm really confused. help pls 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)