uni conundrum (1 Viewer)

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
Hypothetically

1) A first year student has completed their first year of uni.

2) They reapply through uac and receive an offer for a new course. They have the option of deferring.

3) If this student did not defer before they started uni (ie they are an 05 hsc graduate and went straight to uni in 06) would it be a good/wise decision to defer now that they have done a year of uni?

Especially if the person in question wanted to defer previously but were stopped by family responsibilities which they no longer have.

Their reasons for deferring would be to take a break from studying and to try working fulltime for a while.

Cheers.

Season

HSC
My brother did exactly that, except he also went travelling in that time

as for some normal stats, I know this is just one degree but

at monash medicine
96% of people will finish the degree
60% of people will do that in 5 years

(yes part of that is due to students having to repeat but not much, monash is nice on the supp. exams)

most of this is people taking a gap year in the middle of their degree, people do it all the time.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Season said:
My brother did exactly that, except he also went travelling in that time

as for some normal stats, I know this is just one degree but

at monash medicine
96% of people will finish the degree
60% of people will do that in 5 years

(yes part of that is due to students having to repeat but not much, monash is nice on the supp. exams)

most of this is people taking a gap year in the middle of their degree, people do it all the time.
thats because its long and kinda stressful... medicine is the exception rather than the rule. monash figures for completion are very different to others. 96% seems very high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)