• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here

Uni of Sydney Maths Test (1 Viewer)

tutor01

HSC
N/A
Not sure if you guys have seen this before but here is a test that you can use to decide whether or not you are suited to enrolling in Advanced Level Maths at the University of Sydney.

Student Self Test

It's probably best to take the test after you have completed Integration and Conics from Extension 2. (Out of the 15 multiple choice questions, there are many on integration and just the one on Conics. Some other topics are also covered but they are all Year 11 or earlier).

You get a score at the end and a recommendation as to your suitability for studying Advanced Level Maths at Sydney Uni.

Try it!

(You don't need to enter your name or student ID to complete the test.)

untouchablecuz

HSC
is this thing accurate? i got 12/15 and it said i'm fine for adv. maths

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It is so not accurate. It's just a guide. I was on "borderline advanced" according to that quiz lol. Didn't stop me from getting Ds/HDs in advanced math units...

Dumbledore

HSC
Were you unsure about any? I was so sure about my answers and got 13..wth
nvm not that bad...
no idea how to do 12, or 13;
6 might be a bit tricky since the solution has to be positve for it to be real solutions, so u take the positive of quadratic, for 9 u might have been tricked if u were rushed(maybe not)

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I got 8. I'm not suitable for Advanced maths, but I'm in Year 11 and don't know integration.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Question 12 was pretty cool:

h(x) = f(g(x))

h'(x) = f'(g(x)).g'(x) Using chain rule. Then it all falls out.

Question 13:

Guessed it correctly.. lol xD

Dumbledore

HSC
Question 12 was pretty cool:

h(x) = f(g(x))

h'(x) = f'(g(x)).g'(x) Using chain rule. Then it all falls out.

Question 13:

Guessed it correctly.. lol xD
doh... i'm so dumb, i was going along the lines of geometrical principles of deviratives and double roots etc

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
"You scored 5/15.

Not such a good score! Your chance of being successful in advanced mathematics units is probably only about 50%. On the other hand, many students with a score such as this will be successful. We strongly recommend that you see the Mathematics First Year office (Carslaw room 521) for advice if you wish to enrol in advanced units."

i think that's pretty good for skimming over the questions and taking a stab in the dark haha.

Dumbledore

HSC
lol if u put everything as c or d u'd probably get 5 (probability + multis avoiding extreemes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)