Uni on Fridays (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Why does no one want to go to uni on a Friday?
When I look at all my friends on fb's timetables, most of them don't put any Friday classes. And when I tried moving my classes from Wednesday to Friday, it was extremely easy because there was a lot of time slots open, in comparison to the other days.

Is there a particular reason for this? My friend from Sydney uni said "There are a lot less people at uni on a Friday".
Any ideas?... or is it more like "TGIF", "It's Friday, Fridayyyyy"

michaeljennings

HSC
yea its pretty much the same story at unsw, the uni is almost deserted on fridays. i think people prefer having friday saturday sunday off if possible. I mean you could argue saturdya sunday monday off is the exact same thing but free fridays are obviously a lot better than free mondays.

last year i didnt have uni at all on fridays but this coming semester i do because i didnt get hte timetable i wanted but i dont think it should matter too much for people like you and me

Rawf

HSC
Ahh yes, I've heard lots of people saying you have a long weekend - Fri, sat, sun

I myself have Monday off so I find that sort of a long weekend too I guess haha but most time slots on Monday are full.. so I guess not many people have that mind set :(

Hopefully I wont be a loner in my break on Friday (it's only 1 hour though heh)

Rawf

HSC
Because Friday and Saturday nights goes off =)
I guess I'll just have to wait till Saturday nights then :( haha well i can probs get home at 7ish on friday anyways since I finish at 4

darkdog307

HSC
I took Friday off and finish at 11am Thursday to have a longer weekend without interferences to get things done (uNSW 2 far awayz)

Logjammin'

HSC
Also, most of the UNSW uni parties seem to be on a Thursday, so having the Friday off can be a good idea (if that's what you're interested in)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Most social events run on Thursday at UNSW and so having Friday off allows you time to recover :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ah oktoberfest

good times that was

the best mid-late-afternoon i've ever had

being kicked out/moved away for being intoxicated and being a general nuisance five times was fantastic*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)