unimail down? (1 Viewer)

laney

HSC
anyone else been having difficulties with the unimail since yesterday?

i rang up disconnect and the woman there said they were having problems due to a blackout last night, but seriously, a whole day to fix?? my friend also said she was logging into unimail fine. so i don't know if it's working or not. and i'm kinda getting anxious about some of the stuff i'm meant to have recieved.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
I had trouble accessing WebCT and some of my friends have said unimail wasn't working for them.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yeh Unimail has been on and off for the last day or so.

You'd be surpised how much traffic Unimail servers get...they are probably dealing with a large amount of backlog traffic from during the blackout and want to make sure nothing has been lost.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
nooooooooooo i neeed my unimaiiiiil....all my ebay customers will get angry at me

laney

HSC
grrrrrrrrrr
i don't think they're working hard enough on fixing the problem. they better be working their asses this weekend to fix it....i can't wait til next week. grrrr

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
its times like these we really realise how dependent we are on those people at UNSW IT services..

kudos to them for keeping the system up:).. well not quite right now but yeah.. i'm sure they are working hard at it

btw it wasn't just unimail.. the entire UNSW authentication and central system went down from what I hear

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
sunny said:
.. want to make sure nothing has been lost.
Actually no.

It seems the system is BOUNCING emails sent to unimail (I tried it). THIS IS BAD.

And it's still down ....

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
same, i want to make sure no one has sent me an urgent email. i use unimail for all my uni-related stuff :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
Silly people...you actually rely on Unimail! Let this be a lesson! The only thing I get on Unimail are my results, and the odd thing that gets sent to the entire uni....

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
sunny said:
Silly people...you actually rely on Unimail! Let this be a lesson! The only thing I get on Unimail are my results, and the odd thing that gets sent to the entire uni....
does these sort of ddowntime happen..often?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not very frequently....but when it dies it tends to do it in a major way. But I think this is the worse one, I've never seen Unimail down for so long. There was one time where emails were actually lost after a failure...and they sent an email (ha! how ironic) out to everyone explaining what happened and only a small number of people were affected....

gman03

HSC
I remembered on friday I tried to log into the math's portal and they said my password was wrong or something. Then I couldn't go to webct, unimal, physics's website and so on... So weird...

And the worst of all, I don't even know there was a power failure at uni.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Working all good for me :p

CSE probably is getting extra load from all the stuff that are due....I have 5 next week :uhhuh:

laney

HSC
yeah it may be working, but i sent mail to myself while it wasn't working and i didn't get it. imagine all this mail that's been sent to me which i haven't got.

x-y-z

HSC
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

unimail is back up- BUT ALL MY EMAILS HAVE BEEN DELETED!

Everything.

I had like 90 emails in my inbox (I bloody had to make unimail my main email account didn't I)!!!

OMG i don't even know what to start missing!

Does anyone know if they are gone forever into cyber space, or if's just a glitch?

laney

HSC
you're sure it's not because you clicked the "perform maintenence" button? i get my email downloaded to my computer, so it was just a thought? *shrugs*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)