University Info Days (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
So were they useful?

i found them really helpful for finalising my preferences. i learnt a fair bit about the courses

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Donshe said:
Yeah man, I went to USyd because a couple of friends I was with wanted to check it out. Im not smart enough to make anything there.

But I was mainly focussed on UTS, went there twice. Sat down for half an hour there just thinking.

But, whats happened now is, instead of just trying to find a 2nd preference to fall back on.

I now have 2 first preferences

And 3 second preferences.

Grr.
oh that aint easy .what are your "firsts"?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
wasnt that impressive. I had all the pamphlets and stuff already and there is only so much u can ask...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i wasnt sure how to compare career prospects and stuff cause the booklets arent that great for that.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i found the usyd one very useful now the problem is trying to accomodate for the more choices i have but only 9 preferences, why can't uac pick a better number like ten preferences it would make my life easier :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Some people talk too long... i was waiting ages for some of u people talking to various people, u should of just kept it short and informative (i kno it's exciting and all going to uni, but come on guys..)

UNSW was very informative, as was Usyd..... UTS was terrible, they didn't even wanna talk to me or any of my friends, we found ourselves almost yelling at people to get their attention but then they just wouldn't talk to us or pay us any attention so we figured they should go get f'd, but i managed to grab 6 cans of coke and 2 paddle pops.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I fell in love with the UNSW campus so I was determined to do my course there. And after going to the USyd campus later that day (last year), it confirmed it further for me :D

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i agree sarah: we already know the info and details about them (provided you're a keen student and has made the effort to look the courses up). I only went to confirm places/transfers. I found it rather annoying sitting the lecture room with a bunch of clueless idiots who havent read the pamphlet and asking questions that are answered in it.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
well considering usyd and unsw were on the same bloody day...that didn't help........plus they made me more confused......well at least Syd actually TALKED about Bpsych...UNSW were just like...umm yeah...we have it. I think the usyd lectures were better, cause they were more specific.....None really helped me make a good decision....i only decided today what i wanted to do

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Did you actually went to Scientia and ask the lecturers behind the Psychology desk?? But yeh, the Science booklet is very useful. read it and see if it helps.

Mike iE

HSC
the info day sealed it for me. The prospect of free gym membership at UTS as long as i compete at uni games was the icing on the cake.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
lukebennett said:
i wasnt sure how to compare career prospects and stuff cause the booklets arent that great for that.
most of the teachers, professors, advisors etc regurgitated those pamphlets anyway. Except for the rare good one who was not only keen but also made an effort to personalise their answer and give an honest objective opinion. Rare ones, those are...

Lainee

HSC
I didn't go there expecting much from the lectures, so I was just trying to get a feel for the place. Went to USyd first. Walked around trying associate the swiggly lines that was the map to the actual buildings. Peeked into classrooms to see if seats looked comfy. Sat on the grass; very laze-about worthy. :) Bus tour was informative... and airconditioned - certainly lovely after trooping around for hours.

Ron McCallum (USyd Law dean) really solved everything for me really. Up to then I was still hovering between USyd and UNSW.

UNSW turned out pale in contrast. I don't really like how the buildings are planned out. I really liked USyd's sprawled out kind of feel. And everytime I asked questions and mentioned that I was still thinking between USyd and UNSW everyone would immediately go "Ohhhh UNSW for sure. USyd is so old-school and elitist." Or something along those lines. - If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Big tick for Info Day, nice way to get a feel for where's what.

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wel.....the lecture said it's simliar to the one done in sept....but i didn't go to any lectures in sept...so kinda understanding more about the courses...but my preferences stays the same~

S

Shuter

Mike iE said:
the info day sealed it for me. The prospect of free gym membership at UTS as long as i compete at uni games was the icing on the cake.
Tell me more?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Sarah168 said:
most of the teachers, professors, advisors etc regurgitated those pamphlets anyway. Except for the rare good one who was not only keen but also made an effort to personalise their answer and give an honest objective opinion. Rare ones, those are...
i had a good one from med sci who told me to do adv sci

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
a lot of the ppl i spoke to on the day were really just there to be reassured about the decisions they had already made. Most people pretty much knew most things about the courses they were interested in.

I think some ppl were just hoping to somehow find out what this years cut offs will be...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah i just found it reassuring butit was good cause i could start to plan subject choices and stuff, so i can head towards a major.

meg were you at the science stand? i couldnt find you to say hi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)