University with a solid teaching course? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
I know that generally universities are renowned for, say, engineering or medical science but are there any that have good teaching courses? Or are they all generally the same?

I head at UWS their Arts/ Teaching degree focused on the Arts aspect most of the time and crammed the teaching in later. No disrespect to UWS but it doesn't sound ideal.

Enigma Machine

HSC
I know that generally universities are renowned for, say, engineering or medical science but are there any that have good teaching courses? Or are they all generally the same?

I head at UWS their Arts/ Teaching degree focused on the Arts aspect most of the time and crammed the teaching in later. No disrespect to UWS but it doesn't sound ideal.
Teaching as in primary/secondary education? I think USYD and UNIMELB are pretty good at that.
I wouldn't recommend unimelb though because many of my friends who went there (I used to live in VIC) tell me that they are very dissatisfied.

ShadowLighte

HSC
Teaching as in primary/secondary education? I think USYD and UNIMELB are pretty good at that.
I wouldn't recommend unimelb though because many of my friends who went there (I used to live in VIC) tell me that they are very dissatisfied.
Ah right, forgot to specify. Primary teaching. UNIMELB are good at teaching but the people who took the course are dissatisfied? I'm not sure how that works.

Looks like Usyd it will be since I was planning to make a transfer anyway.

Enigma Machine

HSC
Ah right, forgot to specify. Primary teaching. UNIMELB are good at teaching but the people who took the course are dissatisfied? I'm not sure how that works.

Looks like Usyd it will be since I was planning to make a transfer anyway.
I am pretty sure teaching is a graduate course at Unimelb. They call it Master of Teaching (Primary).
Most courses at Unimelb are graduate, including engineering, which is undergrad everywhere else.
There is no benefit in doing a graduate course over an undergrad course. A graduate course just takes longer and is more expensive.
Unimelb is mostly a graduate research university so their undergrad courses aren't so strong and the university doesn't prioritise them, so student satisfaction isn't so high.

Kolmias

HSC
ACU maybe? It's a crap uni for everything else but it's teaching program is highly regarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)