Unsure if it’s legit (1 Viewer)

Woaosiski

HSC
I got a message saying “Hi (insert my name) my name is Alannah Robinson and I am helping to organise the VET awards. You are being recognised for your 2021 HSC results” the asked for my email. What’s it for and should i give her my email or is this a spam? I don’t know how they got my number... if theyre legit shouldn’t they have my email that I registered in studentsonline as well? Thank you.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you take any VET subjects and if so, did you perform well in them when you completed your HSC? If the email you used to access Students Online was your school email, it is likely that it no longer works/was deactivated, which would explain the reason that they have your phone number but not your email, i.e. they are requesting a personal email address. You could respond to the message and ask for proof in order to be certain.

Alternatively, a safer option to confirm whether this is legitimate would be to contact NESA either by phone or via email. Given the nature of this enquiry, I believe these would be the relevant contact details:
I hope this helps! 😄

Woaosiski

HSC
Did you take any VET subjects and if so, did you perform well in them when you completed your HSC? If the email you used to access Students Online was your school email, it is likely that it no longer works/was deactivated, which would explain the reason that they have your phone number but not your email, i.e. they are requesting a personal email address. You could respond to the message and ask for proof in order to be certain.

Alternatively, a safer option to confirm whether this is legitimate would be to contact NESA either by phone or via email. Given the nature of this enquiry, I believe these would be the relevant contact details:
I hope this helps! 😄
Yes. ohh okay i see thank you so much

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)