UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2017

Sounds annoying from what my peers tell me - They dont have any experience and still think his horribly slow, so they just watch thenewboston videos on youtube instead of lectures.

also do u sleep (3am post)
He had work lol

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Sounds annoying from what my peers tell me - They dont have any experience and still think his horribly slow, so they just watch thenewboston videos on youtube instead of lectures.

also do u sleep (3am post)
tbh if you're an advanced student, you will find andrews lectures boring and slow in which case you should be in COMP1917/1511 but for a student who isn't quite as capable and is only being introduced to programming it is the perfect pace.

i work night shifts and i come home around 2-3am and then I check email/bos/etc in bed then go to sleep

D94

HSC
N/A

No, Andrew Taylor. Spends 2 entire lectures explaining what a while loop is, and constantly makes mistakes on purpose so we can "spot" them - but then takes forever to actually change them, acting surprised when his code doesn't work. With that children's TV "I wonder why that didn't work?" voice.

I don't know, it might work for someone who's never done any programming or logical thinking before in their life, but I honestly feel like I'm falling asleep in there.
Don't you worry, there will be a time when you wish you had an easy course to do in a semester, but instead you have 4 hard courses.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC

tbh if you're an advanced student, you will find andrews lectures boring and slow in which case you should be in COMP1917/1511 but for a student who isn't quite as capable and is only being introduced to programming it is the perfect pace.
I am in 1511 - imo there should be a "Higher Computing" equivalent or something that goes through content faster, for those who already know how to program but need to do the course regardless

Don't you worry, there will be a time when you wish you had an easy course to do in a semester, but instead you have 4 hard courses.
Oh, I'm sure! But that won't stop me from getting a new flappy bird high score every COMP1511 lecture I go to

leehuan

HSC

I am in 1511 - imo there should be a "Higher Computing" equivalent or something that goes through content faster, for those who already know how to program but need to do the course regardless
What do you reckon would be the candidature for such a course? Given it's a level 1 course it should have a solidly sufficient amount of students to be run.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC

What do you reckon would be the candidature for such a course? Given it's a level 1 course it should have a solidly sufficient amount of students to be run.
Think MATH1141 vs MATH1131 - just a slightly faster pace with slightly harder questions.

D94

HSC
N/A

The course won't be this slow every single week - the first month was slow and easy for even those with basic programming knowledge, but after that, it moved quite quickly, to the point that probably 5% of students found it easy, 15% found it OK but not easy and 80% were struggling (ranging from needing weekly help from the tutor to completely lost).

Don't judge this course by the first 4 weeks. There's still 9 weeks after that. When I did this course (several years ago, when it was still COMP1917), by the end we had made a board game (Settlers of Catan) and an AI to play the game for us in a competition against everyone. The first 4 weeks were definitely not representative of what we had to accomplish by the end of the course.

If you find it easy, help someone who might be struggling.

Mr_Kap

HSC

The course won't be this slow every single week - the first month was slow and easy for even those with basic programming knowledge, but after that, it moved quite quickly, to the point that probably 5% of students found it easy, 15% found it OK but not easy and 80% were struggling (ranging from needing weekly help from the tutor to completely lost).

Don't judge this course by the first 4 weeks. There's still 9 weeks after that. When I did this course (several years ago, when it was still COMP1917), by the end we had made a board game (Settlers of Catan) and an AI to play the game for us in a competition against everyone. The first 4 weeks were definitely not representative of what we had to accomplish by the end of the course.

If you find it easy, help someone who might be struggling.
yeh can confirm. had no experience with progrmmining in C, and very little from python which i had forgotten when i took Comp1917 last year. The course was piss easy for me until linked lists happened along with the Settlers of Catan board game. Then there was so much shit to do with so little time.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

what buses can you catch to and from uni on the weekends??

Flop21

HSC

what buses can you catch to and from uni on the weekends??
Use tripview,

check the bus stop at eddy ave - stand C, there's buses there that go to anzac parade entrance (just look for a bus that says via anzac parade).

t_davis9

HSC

Buses are changing after next week - http://imgur.com/a/csN5z

rip catching the m50 back to central, going to be a shit fight to get onto the off-peak buses

HSC
Uni Grad

On the other hand though at least for exams, getting the 891 to stop outside the racecourse is a much easier task though.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

SammyT123

HSC

Is the moodle mobile app working for anyone on android

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)