UoN Medicine (1 Viewer)

Greninja340

HSC
Could one get an offer from University of Newcastle med program with a 98 atar and a 90th percentile Ucat mark

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I thought it was 94.30?

You would make it no doubt then if you get what you say!

ahri

HSC
Definitely. UoN is one of the easier med programs to enter, I know people who scraped it in with 96 ATAR and 90th percentile UCAT but had a very good interview.

c8

HSC
Offers from UoN are made based on ATAR, interview and UCAT. Interview offers are made before ATARs are even released using your UCAT score and so long as you do well in the interview (idk how they structure their interviews though last I checked it was like an MMI and a skills assessment) and pass their ATAR benchmark (94.30 for general applicantsI believe) then it's possible you will be accepted so your ATAR above 94.30 doesn't matter. IE a person with a 99 ATAR but crap interview is less likely to get in compared to a 96 ATAR and a really great interview, so ATAR doesn't matter and is simply a hurdle.

Since you can't get in without an interview, I would say try and get as high a UCAT score as possible to increase your chances of getting an interview, 90th percentile may be not enough regardless of ATAR. Obviously though if you're rural the cut off for both ATAR and UCAT will be lower than general applicants.

Hope this makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)