URGENT! Ditching Law after third yr - possible? (1 Viewer)

diametric

HSC
I know it is possible to graduate with your non-law degree at the end of third yr (with a 10 yr grace period to return and complete your law degree), but is this also possible at UNSW?

My situation is as follows: My first and second pref is Medicine. Law is my back up plan. I would still like the freedom of being able to do post graduate medicine if I am not fond of law by the end of third year. I know that this is possible at the University of Sydney, but I have received mixed answers and wtfs from the Law faculty at UNSW.

I need to have a definite answer on this before midnight so I can update my prefs! As of an hour ago, I removed UNSW Law from my preferences for the reason that I may be locked in when I don't want to be.

Please, help! Answers before midnight!

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't be half as distressed about this if I knew I was guaranteed a place in USYD law. My ATAR is 98.05, and I was accepted in the Broadway (disadvantage) scheme at USYD. According to their site, in 2009, the Broadway cut off for combined law was 97.55 (2 lower than the actual ATAR cut off) in 2009. Should I be less worried than I am?

Last edited:

rx34

HSC
You really shouldn't take a place from someone who actually wants to do law. But meh, I don't want to judge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)