urgent help: microsoft word (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey,

i need to know how to set up the page to be in A5, as in half of A4. im not able to change it. i need to print out a pamphlet and it meeds to be in size A5 and i don't know how to set up page to be in A5.

help...quickly. thanx

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
File > Page Setup > Paper > Paper Size (pull down menu till you find A5) > Ok

Make sure it applys to the whole document. ;) I hope that was quick enough!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that's the problem, i tried what you said before anyway, that option doesn't exist in the options!......

thanks for the quick reply kid.@dmin, you should start applying for benefactor in a few weeks.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What version of MS Word do you have? I have 2003 and that method works fine.

I just tried MS Word 2002 it also works through that method. So is the Paper tab there it is the second one out of three then you use the pull down menu and select A5.

My other suggestion is to use MS Publisher and try the same method in that....otherwise if you have time you could try openoffice.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Alternatively, you can manually enter in the size in the same tab if it's not in the pulldown menu. A5 is 14.8cm wide by 21cm high. Plug that in and hit OK, and that should do it. :)

I_F

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That was going to be my first suggestion when I read the thread. Hope these suggestions help you rnitya_25. ;) I am here to help!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hope this isn't too late but maybe you have personalised menus whereby since you haven't ever clicked on Page Settings much in the past, it might not be visible? When you click File, go down and wait a bit, or click on the DOWN arrow at the bottom of the menu, and the rest of the menu should become visible?

Paper Size is always in the "Page Settings" or "Page Setup" option (can't remember exact name) but it's under the File menu.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
wow, thanks so much guys, you've been too kind. thanks so much! about to try every suggested method *fc*.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
What version of MS Word do you have? I have 2003 and that method works fine.

I just tried MS Word 2002 it also works through that method. So is the Paper tab there it is the second one out of three then you use the pull down menu and select A5.

My other suggestion is to use MS Publisher and try the same method in that....otherwise if you have time you could try openoffice.
i've got 2003 as well....wierd how ours is different to each other, yet same publication

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe this might help~

PS. Sorry my resolution is a bit wide for some people- I'm on a widescreen notebook. And as for the quality of screenshots- I just used MSPaint to compress them into GIF (hence the very low quality^^)

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
wow, thanks so much for that detail. you've been great help, thanks heaps. :D, it worked!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That was the exact method I wrote in my steps but i guess it is true a picture does tell a thousand words. Glad everything is all fixed, good luck rnitya_25 with your pamphlets!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey thanks mate! hehe yeah, the processes were pretty much the same. anyway, my comp is in for a format pretty soon, its slowness, crappyness, i gotta format it soon, stuff keeps going wrong. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)