URGENT QUESTION REGARDING INQUIRY QUESTION (1 Viewer)

amdspotter

HSC
For my depth study we are supposed to write an inquiry question regarding dopplers effect:
The marking criteria states this:
  • Creates an appropriate and detailed inquiry question which specifically explains how to model the doppler effect
Can someone quickly review if my inquiry question meets the marking criteria:
My inquiry question is:
What is the doppler effect, and how can it be mathematically modelled via analysing the relationship between initial velocity of an object and observed frequency with respect to an observer.

Thanks, it would be really appreciated.

Leadmen4y

HSC
Mathematically modelled? That just means putting it into an equation, rather than having an experiment. If you're trying to say finding the mathematical equation through experimentation, say that instead. Maybe replace it with something like 'how can it be modelled in order to find the mathematical relation...'.

Put 'stationary' before observer, this is important.

Maybe don't say object, 'source of wave' or 'wave emitting object' would be better imo as Doppler effect only applies to waves.

Initial velocity? Are you keeping the velocity of the object/source of wave constant or dynamic? Obviously, this would have an effect on the frequency of the wave.

I assume this if for a physics depth study? I'm not entirely sure what is prescribed as my suggestions are purely based on my own knowledge from investigating science (Doppler effect is part of the syllabus), so I'd recommend checking with your teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)