Urgently need help with studying (1 Viewer)

kainetalbot

HSC
Help!!!!!!!!

My half yearly exams are in literally three weeks... I still have not managed to formulate my study plan to balance both study and life... i really want to succeed in these exams... can anyone plz give me an idea as to how much study i should be doing or even give me a study timetable or template...
my subjects are Modern History, Standard English, General 2 Maths, Senior Science and Design and Technology...
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Frostguard

HSC
Ok i dont have a study plan either but you can use the study planners of others on this website to see which one best suits your lifestyle
As for revision, your best bet is past papers and the reading of all your texts/content to ensure you understand the concepts
For Modern: finish off making your notes for WWI and remember the dot points enough where you can answer essays and short answers on it as well as your second section whether it be personality studies/national, etc
English: i assume you're getting tested on discovery, know the rubric inside out and make sure your related is adaptable to all sorts of potential questions and if is mod a/b/c then ensure you know the rubric to those too
Senior Science: Like all sciences, past papers!!!! know the content and try to answer questions, even the hard ones
Maths: same as science, past papers and revision so you know the content enough and is confident to answer the questions in the exam
( dont really about design sorry)
Good Luck with your exams!! im going to die too haha

Selfstudy

HSC
Okay,
Since you only have three weeks, studying for all these subject will be very tight.
So firstly plan by writing out what content you don’t know very well.
One way you can do this is going through the dot points in the syllabus. And noting down what you know and don’t know.
Another way is doing a past paper for each subject under exam conditions. And after you mark it, you may have some ideas as to what you know and what you don’t know.
Secondly, finish of any incomplete notes that you will be using for your exam revision, by the next few days.
By the way, I don’t know how you would study for history or design and tech cause I only did advance English, advanced maths and science (chem and bio) and legal
For English, start by thoroughly understanding your texts and quotes and then do practise exams and do as many essays as possible, so you get the hang of what questions that might appear in the half yearlies. If you can, hand you essays and answers to someone like your teachers for feedback, so you can improve on them.
For maths, revise your content and memorise and understand the formulas. And as usual do many practice papers. And while doing this, see what you get wrong and study that topic in more depth.
For science, revise and consolidate your content and pracs. Then just start doing past papers. And as I said before, what ever you get wrong, focus on that topic a bit more.

Other than revising, consolidating your content and doing many past papers, just believe in yourself.
Good luck !!!!!
I hope this helped :)))))

kainetalbot

HSC
Okay,
Since you only have three weeks, studying for all these subject will be very tight.
So firstly plan by writing out what content you don’t know very well.
One way you can do this is going through the dot points in the syllabus. And noting down what you know and don’t know.
Another way is doing a past paper for each subject under exam conditions. And after you mark it, you may have some ideas as to what you know and what you don’t know.
Secondly, finish of any incomplete notes that you will be using for your exam revision, by the next few days.
By the way, I don’t know how you would study for history or design and tech cause I only did advance English, advanced maths and science (chem and bio) and legal
For English, start by thoroughly understanding your texts and quotes and then do practise exams and do as many essays as possible, so you get the hang of what questions that might appear in the half yearlies. If you can, hand you essays and answers to someone like your teachers for feedback, so you can improve on them.
For maths, revise your content and memorise and understand the formulas. And as usual do many practice papers. And while doing this, see what you get wrong and study that topic in more depth.
For science, revise and consolidate your content and pracs. Then just start doing past papers. And as I said before, what ever you get wrong, focus on that topic a bit more.

Other than revising, consolidating your content and doing many past papers, just believe in yourself.
Good luck !!!!!
I hope this helped :)))))
Thanks I'll give a crack and I'll get the syllabus today and cross it off today ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)