Using an image as related text (1 Viewer)

Geohood

HSC
For Telling the Truth I'm using an article as one related text. Im wondering that if I use an image for my second related text, will I lose any marks for not using a more thorough related text such as a movie? I think I can analyse it and relate it to the module sufficiently enough but my teacher said that since it's too simple of a text it won't allow me to enter band 6. Are they right?

samwell

HSC
am also using an image for my 2nd related material. I think if u avoid sounding repetitive and shallow in ua analysis then it shouldnt be a problem. i have a back up just in case the image is a bad idea.

Yamiyo

HSC
I'm using an image for powerplay and it's working fine; an image shouldn't limit your ability to get into band 6 at all. Just make sure that you actually analyse it thoroughly.

tbh i think it's better to have a detailed, in-depth analysis of a simple text than trying to summarise some 2hr movie + the truth + techniques, etc. in the 10 minutes or so you have to write about it.

samwell

HSC
Yamiyo said:
I'm using an image for powerplay and it's working fine; an image shouldn't limit your ability to get into band 6 at all. Just make sure that you actually analyse it thoroughly.

tbh i think it's better to have a detailed, in-depth analysis of a simple text than trying to summarise some 2hr movie + the truth + techniques, etc. in the 10 minutes or so you have to write about it.
Nice point it simply depends on as persons analysis of the text not what text a person uses. If somebody uses Wag the Dog for example and another an image it doesnt mean irregardless of how gud the analysis is the person is gonna miss a band 6. I think wat sometimes pulls images down is repetition of techniques without different effects an overall meaning.

bonamy

HSC
If you are able to analyse a text well enough you should be able to get a band 6 no matter what text you use.

However you should listen to your teacher because most teachers know best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)