USYD IT/Engineering Leadership Scholarship (1 Viewer)

HSC

For USYD's IT/Engineering Leadership Scholarship, (a very shrouded and sheltered scholarship for some reason?), essentially the IT Co-op of USYD, are there any previous participants on this forum?

I was wondering if the ATAR requirement of minimum 98 is absolutely strict, as since USYD does not have bonus points and for other courses being a few 3ish points below the atar cutoff for USYD courses you generally have a pretty good shot of getting a spot in the course, would the same principle possibly apply here?

I'm not expecting a 98+ ATAR, at all, but if everything goes well within this month my wishful thinking and ATAR calculators suggest 95-96, and was wondering if writing the 2000 words during HSC month would lead to some potential for the Co-op.

Thanks!

HSC
oh hi it is u again. What do u mean 'for other courses being a few 3ish points below the atar cutoff for USYD courses you generally have a pretty good shot of getting a spot in the course' You mean many people u knew didn't meet the cutoff still managed to get into the course? Besides, I am also searching for an ans regarding that coz I doubt I can get an 98 as well, but I don't think it will lower the requirement as it is prestigious and offers only like 30-40 places/year so that means only the top and really good applicants can get it. And considering most top engineering students will also go to UNSW, 30-40 getting 98+ ATAR is reasonable. Not many high achievers in USYD would choose to study in the engineering school as well. So I think the number of offers hinted the strict requirements of it. So i doubt it. But on its page, it says u it may be lowered if u have any disadvantages/eas criteria met. It says the dean may approve it and agree to lower it as long as u get at least a 95 ATAR. Hopefully, that can help me as well since I am eligible for 2 EAS and also want to apply that. How about you? What course do u want to do? Did u apply for Sydney Scholars?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)