UT99 (classic/original) vs UT2004 ... and my netbook 2.0. (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know it sounds like I was joking but I really did buy an Asus Transformer TA100 with the ground-breaking quad core Intel Atom Z3775 and 2gb of ram. Whilst the hybrid tablet was pretty cheap ($550sgd) and achieves my objectives (a portable device I can sit on the couch with to 'utilise' my internet connection as well as connect to my TV, and running Windows just in case I ever need it and my Macbook Air/iPad aren't able to do whatever it is I need).

Full specs: http://www.asus.com/sg/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100TA/specifications/

So... Figuring the specs aren't too bad if I want to play the games from when I was growing up, I googled and found UT and UT2004 got pretty good performance reviews on this device so am currently debating which one to buy. Both are $10 on gog.com (but they are $10/$15 on Steam) so am just debating between the two.

I personally spent a lot more time playing UT rather than 2004 because it felt simpler, I loved playing CTF-Face and Instagib, as well as just sniping. But then maybe I never gave 2004 enough of a chance as I found the new mode (the one where you needed to hold multiple locations) quite time consuming to play.

Thoughts?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I ended up buying UT 1999 from GOG (and then when I booted up my Macbook Air 11" I realised I had already installed UT99 GOTY edition as I have the original CDs back home at my parents' house in Australia).

I really enjoyed playing Tactical Ops back when it was just a mod. So much fun playing that and the Seige map.

Also really enjoyed playing Jailbreak mod for UT as well.

Good memories!!!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just tried UT2004 on my Surface 3 and it was pretty epic. Everything set as default except maxed out resolution at 1920 x 1200 (close to my Surface 3's resolution of 1920x1280) and 32-bit colour depth. Surprisingly smooth with no lag whatsoever. I'm starting to really like this little Atom tablet although I think the new CPU and 4gb of ram makes a huge difference over the Asus T100 which only had 2gb of ram and an older CPU.

seanieg89

HSC
I ended up buying UT 1999 from GOG (and then when I booted up my Macbook Air 11" I realised I had already installed UT99 GOTY edition as I have the original CDs back home at my parents' house in Australia).

I really enjoyed playing Tactical Ops back when it was just a mod. So much fun playing that and the Seige map.

Also really enjoyed playing Jailbreak mod for UT as well.

Good memories!!!
ut99 was/is amazing.

also played tacops back in the day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)