UTS early offer (law) (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
So UTS has an early offer program for the first time this year and I would like to take advantage of this. I am hoping to study law in university but this early offer program does not offer law. What course should I list then as an alternative/ pathway if required?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think a good idea would be to pick a degree that can be combined with a Bachelor of Laws. The following degrees can be combined with a Bachelor of Laws at UTS:
  • Bachelor of Business
  • Bachelor of Economics
  • Bachelor of Engineering Science
  • Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
  • Bachelor of Medical Science
  • Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Science in Information Technology

The idea is that you might be able to receive an offer for one of the above degrees. If you are successful, you can study part of that degree that would be sufficient to either combine that degree with a Bachelor of Laws (in case you find that you are happy with the degree you're studying and wish to keep it), or transfer to a Bachelor of Laws. In both cases, your results throughout the time you spend studying one of the above degrees (marks and WAM) must be satisfactory in order to meet the requirement for an internal transfer. Of course, this implies that you might need to spend additional time at university before you can enrol in UTS's Bachelor of Laws, and the most efficient way of receiving an offer to study this degree would be by meeting its academic requirement, i.e. a selection rank of 96.

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

quickoats

HSC
If you haven't already, apply for early entry for law at other universities such as WSU, MQ, or ND. It is much better in your case (if you are serious about studying law) to get a law early offer from one of these universities than aim for a non law one at UTS.

specificagent1

HSC
  • Bachelor of Business
  • Bachelor of Engineering Science
  • Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
  • Bachelor of Medical Science
  • Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Science in Information Technology

UTS also offers a bachelor of economics/ bachelor of law. so can you also do this with a bachelor of economics?

specificagent1

HSC
If you haven't already, apply for early entry for law at other universities such as WSU, MQ, or ND. It is much better in your case (if you are serious about studying law) to get a law early offer from one of these universities than aim for a non law one at UTS.
done wsu (and got one from wsu) and mq. Not sure about notre dame as a uni. What do you think?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS also offers a bachelor of economics/ bachelor of law. so can you also do this with a bachelor of economics?
Technically yes, you will be able to do the same if you enrol in a Bachelor of Economics because it is a degree that can be combined with a Bachelor of Laws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)