UTS or Macquarie Uni for Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Xena8888

HSC
N/A
Yay! I got into the following two courses:

UTS Bachelor of Arts (Communications) - Creative Writing
Macquarie University - Bachelor of Arts

The Macquarie degree is one allowing for two majors such as creative writing and one other choice.

Which one is better (or they much the same) for creative writing? I like UTS being so close to the city and that it is a very practical course. I like the flexibility of Macquarie allowing you to study on campus or by distance education. I am a mature aged student.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback.

Bongos

HSC
I'd go with UTS - but I may be biased as I am a UTS student.

They're the top university for communications in Australia and I find that UTS is more practical - which is why communication students from there are in high demand from employers.

But bear in mind I'm a first year !

humanitieslover

HSC
I was studying a combined degree of Law/Communications (majoring in Creative Writing) at UTS before transferring to UNSW this year. I would definitely recommend the Creative Writing course at UTS :) It was definitely very practical and hands-on, in that the tutors would workshop your pieces every single week, and there was also class workshops where your peers would help you with your work. I really enjoyed the subjects I took! The seminars are generally 3 hours long which may seem long, but it did allow for more than enough time to really learn in depth :) Good luck with your choice!

Xena8888

HSC
N/A
Hi Bongos, I really appreciate your help with this. I'm really glad you are liking your course so far. Might see you on the campus one day.

Xena8888

HSC
N/A
I was studying a combined degree of Law/Communications (majoring in Creative Writing) at UTS before transferring to UNSW this year. I would definitely recommend the Creative Writing course at UTS :) It was definitely very practical and hands-on, in that the tutors would workshop your pieces every single week, and there was also class workshops where your peers would help you with your work. I really enjoyed the subjects I took! The seminars are generally 3 hours long which may seem long, but it did allow for more than enough time to really learn in depth :) Good luck with your choice!
Oh that sounds wonderful humanitieslover. This is music to my ears as I'm so interested in getting a whole degree in creative writing. I like the idea of the classroom participating in appraising your work. I'm enjoying learning about the course too. Good luck in your double degree!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)