UTS or UNSW - Social Work - Arts - International Studies - Communication (1 Viewer)

emmahuynh

HSC
I completed my HSC a few months ago and I'm torn between two degrees, which I've been told, will get me to the same place. I want to work along NGOs and practice a lot of aid work and community development.

A Bachelor of Social Work was a clear answer for me at the beginning of the year, which I was going to combine with a Bachelor of Arts and major in Development Studies. However, I've only recently been informed that at UTS a new degree was made this year, which is a Bachelor of Communication in Social and Political Sciences, which I would be able to mix with International Studies.

My ideal degree would be a Bachelor of Social Work with a Bachelor of International Studies but the universities I want to attend don't offer that. I'm torn between UNSW (Social Work/ Arts) and UTS (Communication - Social and Political Sciences/ International Studies). I've read extensively about them both, and believe I'll enjoy both of them as much as the other. I basically just need general advice and any information regarding any of the degrees and universities - Any opinion is welcome!

crowley926

HSC
You could do Social Work/Arts and choose an arts major with an international focus (international relations maybe, depends on what's available) so it'll essentially be like Social Work/International Studies and you kind of get your ideal combo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)