UWA: Suggestion for residential college (1 Viewer)

VQ

HSC
Hi, (I dun find any section of UWA so I post it here)

Do u guys hav any suggestions for residential colleges in UWA?
My preference will be the one which supports learning environment, provide i-net (because I see not all provide it), and is enjoyable.

And is all the colleges within walking distance to the unis?
I'll be in med, anyway...

Thanks for suggestion. =)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey VQ, as far as I know I'm the only UWA collegian here (since this forum is primarily NSW and recently Victoria-centred). I stay at St Thomas More, and think it's great but which one is best for you depends on what you want.

First of all, there is internet access from all the colleges. However, none of them include it in your fees, you have to pay the University Communications Service for your access (and pay through the nose you do). They are all on the same street, beside one another, and across the road from the university. As an female international student you may be most comfortable at St Catherine's College (the only single-gender college at UWA) but if you have some affiliation with the any of the Catholic, Anglican or evangelical churches you may consider their colleges (St Thomas More, St George's, and Trinity respectively).

If you're only looking for a hall of residence (rather than a college) to stay the year so you can meet some friends and move out then you may be interested in Currie Hall. However, unlike the colleges the atmosphere is a lot less "cozy", and I don't believe you will find the support you need as a med student so easily. Of course, this is again up to you.

There's plenty more I could tell, so please ask further, more detailed questions at MedStudentsOnline (since there will definitely be people who want to know there, and probably not here). Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)