UWS MBBS Interviews (1 Viewer)

ssglain

HSC
I wasn't expecting invitations to be sent out this early. Has everyone else got one?

Dear ******,

I am pleased to advise that you are invited to attend an interview for the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at the University of Western Sydney.

The interviews will be held 4 to 7 December 2007, inclusive.

You will nominate your preferred interview time by accessing the AIBS on line which will be available from 9am, 15 November, using your 7 digit UMAT and 9 digit UAC numbers to log in.

I will be mailing your formal invitation letter, plus all necessary instructions over the next 2 working days. Please contact me at l.mcculloch@uws.edu.au if you have NOT received your letter by Friday 9th November.

When you do receive your letter, please make yourself aware of deadlines and ensure you submit all necessary documents within the correct timeframe.

Congratulations in achieving an interview and I look forward to seeing you in December.

Lyndal McCulloch

Manager, Student Administration

School of Medicine

University of Western Sydney

Tel: 4620 336

Last edited:

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
wah! the chick from UWS has my name! (first name, anyway. but that's fairly unusual!)

congrats! :)

does anything happen if you try to log into the interview booking system early? :p

Graphic FX

HSC
Hey guys just wonderin wat ur umat scores were like to get an interview?

rob_e

HSC
Yay I got one.

I want to laugh in the face of all those people who 'predicted' the minimum umat score that was needed.

Way off guys... Maybe do some proper research next time you try to piss all over somebody's parade.

Graphic FX

HSC
rob_e said:
Yay I got one.

I want to laugh in the face of all those people who 'predicted' the minimum umat score that was needed.

Way off guys... Maybe do some proper research next time you try to piss all over somebody's parade.
Y wat u get?

kloudsurfer

HSC
rob_e said:
Yay I got one.

People made 'predictions'? All I remeber was people citing last yrs figures, 163 for gws and about 180 for non gws.

So, what did you get then?

I got 181, and im gws btw.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
rob said:
Yay I got one.

What score did you get? The lowest UMAT score I know of (GWS UWS Applicant) who received an interview for 2007 admissions was 159.

Yamapi

HSC
My friend with 176 non gws didnt get in and another with 170 gws.

Also anyone know how many people are getting interviews? I did some quick calculations based on the fact that there's 10 mini interviews 8 minutes each (from uws website) and assuming there's only one set of interviewers. Max 8 interviewers an hour, assuming 6 hours a day over 4 days, 150- 200 interviews?? Sounds a bit low.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
rob_e said:
Yay I got one.

in all fairness .. they are never definite.. ppl are just trying to help u sort ure options.. like wat is a 'high' score and wat is borderline.. and they learn by asking..

noone is raining on ure parade.. its good.. and it may indicate drop in demand.. cos the UMAT mark works lik a UAI.. the more ppl the higher :)... as interviews are usually top XYZ.. its hard to call.. but there is usually some consistency.

joelv

HSC
Bacilli said:
What score did you get? The lowest UMAT score I know of (GWS UWS Applicant) who received an interview for 2007 admissions was 159.
Whoa thats sweet... 159! I got 161 and I'm a GWS Uws applicant. I havent got an offer yet cos my school wont give a predicted uai.. so I have to wait till the actual uai's come out... but that gives me hope

Did they get a heaps high uai or something?

rob_e

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
in all fairness .. they are never definite.. ppl are just trying to help u sort ure options.. like wat is a 'high' score and wat is borderline.. and they learn by asking..

noone is raining on ure parade.. its good.. and it may indicate drop in demand.. cos the UMAT mark works lik a UAI.. the more ppl the higher :)... as interviews are usually top XYZ.. its hard to call.. but there is usually some consistency.
Yes - I'm not trying to come accross maliciously but i clearly remember a post saying "interview for UWS medicine 180 MINIUM" and from that i flushed away any hope of an interview - and im sure everyone can relate to that feeling of just not being 'good enough'

Anywho im a gws student and i got 166 -
good luck everyone for the rest of your exams and interviews

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
fair enough :).. congratulations and hope u get into the club..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
joelv said:
Did they get a heaps high uai or something?
Just remember the UMAT cutoff for each year may increase, or it could decrease.

I know of someone who was offered an interview, and her score was 159 (last years application process, not this year).

I believe she got special consideration in regards to her UAI. Not 100% sure though...

joelv

HSC
Yamapi said:
Also anyone know how many people are getting interviews? I did some quick calculations based on the fact that there's 10 mini interviews 8 minutes each (from uws website) and assuming there's only one set of interviewers. Max 8 interviewers an hour, assuming 6 hours a day over 4 days, 150- 200 interviews?? Sounds a bit low.
They said at their open day thing 360 interviews were offered last year for 108 places, this year they were going to cut it down to 300 interviews for 115 places.

Yeah I'm not sure how their going to fit everyone in but I guess they'll do lots of interviews in January too.

HSC
N/A
what was ur predicted uai though?

rob_e said:
Yes - I'm not trying to come accross maliciously but i clearly remember a post saying "interview for UWS medicine 180 MINIUM" and from that i flushed away any hope of an interview - and im sure everyone can relate to that feeling of just not being 'good enough'

Anywho im a gws student and i got 166 -
good luck everyone for the rest of your exams and interviews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)