UWS med (1 Viewer)

D

dzzlng_07

if you're applying for gws, does ur umat requiement also lower? or is it just uai?

thank you

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
UAI. What was your UMAT score if you don't mind me asking?

D

dzzlng_07

but i read somewhere, someone got in with a umat of just mid 160s because they were from gws? am i wrong?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I could be wrong; however, when I spoke with the admissions officer, Jill Harvey, she stated the UAI cutoff is 93 and she couldn’t say what UMAT score is required.
It does not work like that anyway dzzlng.
Consider this situation, 300 people apply to UWS as GWS applicants, the last applicant to be allocated a place had a UMAT score of 175 (the cutoff for interview selection). Do you understand what I'm saying? It depends on the numbers, and the overall competitiveness (UAI and UMAT scores) of the applicants.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
dzzlng_07 said:
but i read somewhere, someone got in with a umat of just mid 160s because they were from gws? am i wrong?
It's expected to be atleast 180 for GWS students prob 185+, my careers advisor was on the interview/selection committee for UWS med last year. (176 for last year is the lowest i've heard of for a GWS student).

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
It's expected to be atleast 180 for GWS students prob 185+, my careers advisor was on the interview/selection committee for UWS med last year. (176 for last year is the lowest i've heard of for a GWS student).
175 in the UMAT is quite an achievement, I think.
Submit your application anyway.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Wooz said:
176.. lies
i got lower =P

sladehk

le random
HSC
read: (176 for last year is the lowest i've heard of for a GWS student).
comprende?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
sladehk said:
176.. lies
i got lower =P
I said the lowest i've heard of was 176, what UAI did u recieve, because my careers advisor says they will give GWS and normal applicants late round interview offers if their culmitive uai+umat is ranked well even though it is below the threshold.

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
So UMAT is lowered for GWS students? Learn something new everyday... :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yes, the UMAT is ranked lower for GWS students. I have heard it from a very reliable sources.

D

dzzlng_07

kloudsurfer said:
Yes, the UMAT is ranked lower for GWS students. I have heard it from a very reliable sources.
do u kno by how much?

joelv

HSC
At the UWS open day this year the Dean said that for gws applicants the umat needs to be round in the top 30%. Although the higher the better your rank will be, compared to others. I had a friend who said he was told by UWS that this years cut off for gws was 164+ which is much lower that what everyone else is saying but around about the top 30% mark. Although I have also heard that its definately 170+.. so I guess you can never tell. It does depend on what the competition is like.

I only got 161 so I'm crossing my fingers that I will be the luckiest guy in the world to scrape in. I've been dreaming bout getting in since I was 5.

Good luck to everyone else applying though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)