UWS primary education course, EAS scheme & RET test. please help me asap!!!!! (1 Viewer)

jodiepodie

hi! i want to got to UWS penrith next year to do a B Edu (Primary) and i dont know how well i will go to get in. is there anyone out there that is doing that course or wants to do it? i just wanna know how much is the workload and what its like. i also have done the RET test - still waiting for results. and im also applying under the EAS (Educational Assistance Scheme) but i have absolutley no idea how its gunna help me, like how the RET test would .
cheers
-jodie:p :confused:

Last edited:

young_gurl

hey ive also done the ret test and i put as one of my preferences education at UWS...Basically the RET test helps ur chances in getting a place at UWS...but the thing is ..the mark u get for ur RET must be higher than ur actual HSC mark...eg if u get 70 UAI and u get 65 for ur RET then it will be useless...also ur preference (education) i think u need about in the 80's rite?...that means u must get 70 UAI plus a RET score higher than ur HSC in order for u to get into teaching because it only gives u an extra 10 marks to get u into that course!...im not 100% but thats what ive gathered from teachers!

jodiepodie

ret test

thanks so much for that. i understand it all now. its so much better in plain english than technical stuff.... my edu course is 84.3UAI so im guessing that means i have to get a ret score of 84.3 for me to use it right....?! lets hope so....
7 days to go... can you believe it? lol
thanks again
-jodes

young_gurl

hehhee yeah hope ur dreams of becoming a teacher come true!...i cant believe how hard it is to be a teacher these days! Like seriously ...they are underpaid for the work they do and the shit they have to put up with!

Dingo

Banned
its an easy course.. you learn simple addition and subtractoin
2+3 = 5, stuff like that.. when u graduate you are equipted with an A+ knowledge of primary school maths/ english etc.. LOL

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)