UWS scholarship offers (1 Viewer)

MaryJ_

HSC
I got the Vice Chancellor's Leadership scholarship, so I'm over the moon. Congratulations to you. What courses will you be doing?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Thanks. Congrats to you also. I'm awaiting confirmation on another scholarship, which will equate to $10,000 per annum. :)

The course I will do (if I decide to go to UWS) is B Social Science (Criminology) / B Laws. How about yourself?

MaryJ_

HSC
Wow, $10 000 a year is awesome. I'd like to do B Arts/ B Education, and I've definately decided on UWS. I'm a westy at heart, plus they are the only uni that offer a leadership program along with a scholarship. All the best with that other scholarship.

MaryJ_

HSC
Thanks for all of the congratulations :D
I got 94.1 and the scholarship is worth $5000 a year for up to 5 years. There's also an additional $5000 given for leadership activities.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ he would have for sure, this year the applications closed 30th Sep, since ur an 06er keep a look out for such deadlines

I got my letter about one, its $4000 not details yet though....

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
do u tink its too late to submit an application or get a scholarship from uws, i want to do law/business and got a uai of 91.25.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ its too late for a application, those closed on Sep 30th. I got mine for a combined law degree, I didn't apply and I got a uai of 94.00, a friend who applied for the same course didn't and hers was 92.90, so I'm not sure how they determine the UAI based ones that you didnt have to apply for, all I know is that I got sent a letter inviting me to a lunch next week to find out about it.

I think you can apply for this one though :)
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96820

Good luck :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys know what questions they might ask in an interview for the Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship?
Having a look at the criteria for this scholarship is perhaps a good way of determining questions that may potentially be asked in an interview. Applicants must:
  • demonstrate a high level of academic achievement through a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent
  • provide evidence of leadership and community involvement (e.g. School Captain, community service, sport, the arts, public speaking, Maths/Science Olympiads, Duke of Edinburgh award, etc.)
This is because interview questions could be linked to both of these main points. Based on this, below are some questions that could potentially be asked according to their appropriate criterion.

Demonstrate a high level of academic achievement through a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent:
  • Tell me/us about your approach to year 12. How were you able to achieve your ATAR?
  • How do you intend to perform favourably at university in your chosen degree(s)?
  • Is favourable performance important to you?
  • Tell me/us about academic standards at university.
  • Are you confident in your ability to manage your workload to ensure favourable performance?
Provide evidence of leadership and community involvement:

It is worth noting that the application form includes a personal statement section which requires you to demonstrate your leadership qualities and community involvement. In order to gain a better understanding of your leadership and community involvement, you may be asked questions that would require you to expand on the information that you included in your application through a spoken answer. Such questions may include:
  • How exactly did your experience of [example] allow you to demonstrate your leadership capacities?
  • Is being involved in your community important to you?
  • What is the point of leadership?
  • Was your leadership undermined at any point in time? How did you address this?
  • What makes a good leader according to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)