UWS Scholarship (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Applications for most UWS Scholarships are closing soon (most on the 28th of September...apparently).

I suggest you apply even if you're not going for an outstanding UAI. E.g. There were people with a UAI like 8 points under me who got some scholarships :|

A list of available scholarships: Undergraduate Scholarships
A lame video on scholarships: *gone* meant to be about scholarships not the video:p

Last edited:

Beeno

HSC
I applied for the one where you either get 90+ UAI or 80+ =)

That video just emphasizes the negative perception that UWS is for average/crap students. Does not do the university any justice.

Should I do the combined law/communications degree at UWS? Since its so high at UTS and USYD.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Yeah, the video doesn't give the best perception for the uni. However, by actually advertising the scholarships they'll hopefully attract the mid-lower 90 guys to get the scholarships as opposed to the 85UAI people who were just lucky enough to come across a scholarship application form.

Being at UWS this year has pretty much changed my original perception of it. Just because the UAI for law is 90 (relatively low compared to unsw/usyd) people assume that the students are no better than a 90 UAI person. However, the amount of people with 95+ UAI's is surprising and not realised by many people who judge the students by the minimum cut-off.

If you have your eyes set on the combined law degree with communications go for it...if you miss out on UTS etc at least you'll have the bonus of a scholarship to keep you company at UWS.

G

Gavvvvvin

God that video was shit. No wonder people don't think much of UWS if thats the way they present themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)