UWS vs Macquarie vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
Hey guys, I only got 73.55 and I am interested in studying psychology. My preferences are:
1. B Commerce @ Macq.
2. B Psychology @ UWS
3. B Sci/B Arts @ UNSW
4. B Arts/ B Sci @ Macq.
5. B Arts @ Macq.

I'm eligible for EAS bonus points at every institution. I just don't know if I'm happy with the order. I wanna get into B Arts - Psychology which is about 84.50 but EAS can only be combined with the subject bonus points to a maximum of 9. SO my chances aren't good of getting in, right? I spoke to a few of the ppl at Macq. info day and I can apparently take preference number 4 (above) or number 5 and then transfer if I do well.

Now my other problem is, what careers paths can I get from B Psychology @ UWS if the uni's reputation isn't up to the standards of Macqaurie Uni's faculty of psychology? Should I move B Psychology down to number 5 and hope to get into either B Arts/B Science @ Macquarie OR B Arts @ Macquarie and get all credits and transfer into B Arts-Psychology?

If anyone knows what careers path I can reach from B Science/B Arts @UNSW, that'd be nice too. Will it allow me to transfer to B Arts - Psychology @ Macquarie? or UNSW's own Psychology course? Compare the difficulty of each for me, thanks. :(

I dunno, I put B Psychology @ UWS because it sounds good and I could possibly transfer into B Arts - Psychology @ macq. right??

I clearly need help. haha. :( Thanks everyone for your time.

brendroid

HSC
Hey guys, I only got 73.55 and I am interested in studying psychology. My preferences are:
1. B Commerce @ Macq.
2. B Psychology @ UWS
3. B Sci/B Arts @ UNSW
4. B Arts/ B Sci @ Macq.
5. B Arts @ Macq.

I'm eligible for EAS bonus points at every institution. I just don't know if I'm happy with the order. I wanna get into B Arts - Psychology which is about 84.50 but EAS can only be combined with the subject bonus points to a maximum of 9. SO my chances aren't good of getting in, right? I spoke to a few of the ppl at Macq. info day and I can apparently take preference number 4 (above) or number 5 and then transfer if I do well.

Now my other problem is, what careers paths can I get from B Psychology @ UWS if the uni's reputation isn't up to the standards of Macqaurie Uni's faculty of psychology? Should I move B Psychology down to number 5 and hope to get into either B Arts/B Science @ Macquarie OR B Arts @ Macquarie and get all credits and transfer into B Arts-Psychology?

If anyone knows what careers path I can reach from B Science/B Arts @UNSW, that'd be nice too. Will it allow me to transfer to B Arts - Psychology @ Macquarie? or UNSW's own Psychology course? Compare the difficulty of each for me, thanks. :(

I dunno, I put B Psychology @ UWS because it sounds good and I could possibly transfer into B Arts - Psychology @ macq. right??

I clearly need help. haha. :( Thanks everyone for your time.
I might suggest going into Mac arts/science or Mac Arts and transfer into Arts/Psych, knowing other considerations you've voiced in the past.

FreeWorld

HSC
You're only interest in psychology and the entire paragraph is about it, then why the fuck do you have commerce first?

Kralex

HSC
Do Psychology at UWS. Don't waste your time doing something you dont want to.

assiduous

HSC
Do Psychology at UWS. Don't waste your time doing something you dont want to.
You have a good point.

@ Slyhunter: How hard do I have to work for the transfer from a B Arts/ B Science @ Macq. to B Arts - Psychology? Or are you referring to the B Psychology @ UWS into Macquarie? Cause I heard transfers outside of a uni are more difficult to attain...?

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
You have a good point.

@ Slyhunter: How hard do I have to work for the transfer from a B Arts/ B Science @ Macq. to B Arts - Psychology? Or are you referring to the B Psychology @ UWS into Macquarie? Cause I heard transfers outside of a uni are more difficult to attain...?
depends on the course.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You have a good point.

depends on the course.
True. As a general rule of thumb though, it's considered easier to do internal transfers as opposed to transfers across different universities.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
How dare you compare UNSW with the likes of UWS and Macquarie.

Is what I would say if this thread was a troll thread. Psychology and commerce isn't my field so I can't say how good they are at various institutions. I can only heavily recommend you don't choose something that you don't like. Don't pick commerce for the money. Do you really want to be doing commerce for the rest of your life, day in day out, do you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
How dare you compare UNSW with the likes of UWS and Macquarie.

Is what I would say if this thread was a troll thread. Psychology and commerce isn't my field so I can't say how good they are at various institutions. I can only heavily recommend you don't choose something that you don't like. Don't pick commerce for the money. Do you really want to be doing commerce for the rest of your life, day in day out, do you.
Yeah UNSW has a shit history department.

Logjammin'

HSC
There's no reason to not work hard for a transfer, since you need good grades to get into honours and masters for psych anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)