Vaccinations for Clinical Placement (1 Viewer)

luna82

HSC
N/A
er, is this for real? I have no proof of my vaccinations but have practically received them throughout my life - primary/secondary/etc etc... is there anyone else in my prediciment? or do i have to get all shots again? ha, crikey...

HSC
perhaps you should make an appointment for a blood test to determine the level of antibodies u have for a particular disease, which can help to indicate which diseases you may have been vaccinated against. thats what im doing :)

Skeeta

HSC
i'm not sure if you actually have to hand it in untill you are on ur placement

your doctor should have records of which vaccinations you have received.. if not theres always the blood test option, but chances are you still might have to get a few more injections, especially if you work in a hospital or something

salsydney

HSC
well, most vaccinations you get at certain points of your life, so your doctor will know whether you got something or not... for example, the rubella shot we all get in yr 7/yr 8, you'll remember lining up to get that... and if you didnt get it, you or a parent will probably remember you didnt get it...
i know that i got my meningacoccal vaccination just before i finished school, and had no real record of it, but my doctor signed me off, since im not exactly stupid enough to make something like that up.
but you will have to get a fair few number of jabs before you're up to speed. :)

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
I'm a second year student and have completed 3 clinical placements so far. I'm not sure if you are supposed to actually hand it in to someone, but rather keep the card with you when you are on clinical placement. The aim is to have a record of things you are vaccinated against in case there is some accident at work.

So far, no one has ever asked to see my vaccination record card thing, but i strongly advise you to have it completed.

What I did was go to my GP and have a blood test done (as someone mentioned earlier) to determine the what I am and am not vaccinated for. After that, if you're missing out anything, the doc can give you the shots and off you go.

Leap

free falling
HSC
Yeah I've done 3 placements as well and no-ones ever asked to actually see the vaccination record, though I agree it's good to be fully vaccinated.

Once when I was on placement at a hospital in Newcastle all the staff were getting flu shots and I got badgered into getting one of those, but apart from that it hasn't come up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)