Video Ezy (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
live_without_it said:
Anyone else work at video ezy? Or have any VE related experiences, as a staff member or customer?
Whats the work like.
Pay rate, work duties, hours, etc

bamiyan

work consists of (from my observations as a customer)

stacking shelves w/ dvds videos etc

taking ppl's video case they wanna hire, putting the video in the case, asking them for their password and taking their money.

it can get busy at times but when there's a lull you can watch movies, bludge etc...

dont know about pay

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
plus cleaning

Personally I think working in a video store would be kinda like I imagine a jewellery shop to be.. when there's noone there there's very little to do...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Skittled said:
plus cleaning

Personally I think working in a video store would be kinda like I imagine a jewellery shop to be.. when there's noone there there's very little to do...
What do u think happens in a jewellery store

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Well, short of the normal selling stuff when customers are there, I can't help but wonder what there is to do when it's quiet or there're only one or two customers in the store so you've got too many staff on...

Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I've always imagined it. There's only so much cleaning I could do or product knowledge I could gain before I'd go insane. I think that's the only decent thing about DSE is that it's always busy and there's something to do...

SmokedSalmon

HSC
one of my friends was employed at a video ezy. she was allowed to borrow weekly dvds/videos for free... and she would delete any overdues on her account and my account :p.

I think the company will soon have to change its name to DVD ezy since videos are going out of fashion.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
one of my friends was employed at a video ezy. she was allowed to borrow weekly dvds/videos for free... and she would delete any overdues on her account and my account :p.

I think the company will soon have to change its name to DVD ezy since videos are going out of fashion.
The cost implications would be enormous, its unlikely to change its name as it simply isnt practical

sladehk

le random
HSC
i'll just be like changing from Grace Bro's to Myer

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
sladehk said:
i'll just be like changing from Grace Bro's to Myer
No, no no no, MYER is a huge company with all the stores in all locations except NSW called MYER, it made good biz sense to change Grace Brothers to Myer, because they would save shit loads on advertising, as only one set of ads would have to be made.
If u want more reasoning ask Business Studies student or those that did it last year, it all about unit costs

HSC
Skittled said:
plus cleaning

WOAH!!! how wrong u are...

the thing is there is ALWAYS something to do. [i.e. - returning movies, cleaning shelves]

basically my jobs are...

- ask for customers card, ask for password, put dvd in case, scan, take money, say 'thanx. have a nice day'

- collect returned movies from the chute, scan them, remove discs, check for scratches/damage, put discs away in drawers and cases on the shelves.

- make sure the storeis tidy... sweeping lolly wrappers off the floor, mopping the tiled section, vaccuuming every now and then.

- if its not busy i have to clean the shelves. make sure all cases are straight, tidy and facing forward. New Releases are most important. that always has to be done [atleast every 2-3 days], then each section in the rest of the store gets cleaned about once a week.

- every few weeks we have to clean the actual SHELVES. [take movies off and wash the shelves with soapy water]

its a good job - but there is always something to do. of course if it isnt busy i put movies on and watch them WHILE i do the work - thats always good :)

HSC
Korn said:
Whats the work like.
Pay rate, work duties, hours, etc
- im 17 and get paid $10.35 .....its not much - but the free movie hire makes up for it.

- the work is relatively easy when it isnt busy. [weekdays, and nights] there is a lot of it - but if it isnt done it wont be the end of the world... we just dont have an excuse to stand around...

- weekends and school holidays are absolute chaos.

- im a closer.....so i usually work from 6-12.15. its not bad. its usually quieter then, but it really screws with my body clock... i cant get to sleep before 2am now...
other typical shifts are around 5-6 hours for casuals...
openers [which i am now, as well] usualyl work 7-8 hours...

- all in all, its not a bad place to work. if u can handle busy times, giving up ur friday and saturday night to work[ they used to always do that to me.... but now im older and have risen in status, so i get bettershifts and all the juniors get the dodgy ones], rude and abusive customers who refuse to pay their late fee and blame you for it being there,.... then its a decent place to work.

HSC
dre said:
does anyone if video ezy are hiring and where?
OMG!!! u live in merrylands!?!?! and want to work at video ezy?!?! come to video ezy in merrylands!!! i work there!!! ....we might have some jobs.... a few people have left/are leaving/are getting fired...

dre

HSC
live_without_it said:
OMG!!! u live in merrylands!?!?! and want to work at video ezy?!?! come to video ezy in merrylands!!! i work there!!! ....we might have some jobs.... a few people have left/are leaving/are getting fired...
no wayy...ive been looking for a job for ages...i really want a casual/part time job. i have one at a trophy store but its really rare shifts....so what should i do? who should i ask for? when should i go in??

HSC
dre said:
no wayy...ive been looking for a job for ages...i really want a casual/part time job. i have one at a trophy store but its really rare shifts....so what should i do? who should i ask for? when should i go in??
go in weekdays between 9 and 2, and ask for sharon... [shes the manager] take a resume with you, leave it with her, and see wot happens i guess...

u live in merrylands ay? what school did u go to/do u go to... i prolly know ya lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)