Visual Texts!! (1 Viewer)

bron978

HSC
Hi im wondering if anybody knows of any visual texts that are related to journeys?? if u could let me now it wwould be a HUGE! help...
thanx...
bron

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
heres some ideas:

-paintings, artworks. ideally, picasso, escher, salvador dali, etc...
-Text 2 of Stimulus Booklet: The book cover for The Ivory Trail
-wild wild west...think of the lonely cowboy riding into the sunset..quite stereotypical...
-find any visual texts that invovles ROADS or MIRRORS or CHANGE
-films, like Alice in Wonderland, Narnia, The Wizard of Oz, The Never - ending Story, etc...
-travel brochures
-cartoons, find ones that involve change or roads, etc...
-ads, like the recent cabury chocolate ads with that catchy "wouldn't it be nice..."

also, go to this link:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/315/focus-imaginative-journeys/22164/supp-texts-imaginative.html
and look under Films/TV Shows, Art, and Websites

Last edited:

Blue View

HSC
If you have ever heard of the film 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis than the cover of the DVD would be an excellent visual text for imaginative journeys in my opinion

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Shady01 said:
do any of Picaso, and that surrlist dude salvador darli any of that is imagintive, surrilism is actually to do with dreaming scary ay but they r yr best bets
"The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

absolutely imaginative brilliance.

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
yeah i heard bout that one but my m8 in standard course and didnt read between the lines lol . I did a "persistance of memory" I craped on about that soooo well lol. Best thing bout english is yr never rong and u can make stuff up support it and yr rite =)​

quincyboi

HSC
What about H.R. Geiger's work? Some of those bio-mechanical pieces r great cos u can highlight the contrast between feminine form and the mechanical aspects and the way it makes u question the link between man and machine.

Try necronom v. Just saw these today looking for some art to use myself.

hope this helps

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
hey, i really want to do dali, particularly the 'persistance of memory' (u know, dripping clocks) and was wonderign if anyone had any links/hints to deconstruciton of it.. i dn really know about the journet aspect of it ...

(mabe i shud start a new thread).. thanx anyways

Mira157

HSC
Hey every1, I was just wondering if any one noes how The Scream by Edvard Munch relates to imaginative journeys. I really need dis for my essay!!!:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)