Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

devinevitriol

HSC
Has everyone done theirs? If so how did it go?

I was like dead with illness when I did mine, but it really wasn't stressful at all.
Mainly the year 11s and the video camera and the tape recorder. Too much focus being the only Extension 2 student in my school...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
It's hilarious how different schools treat this assessment. It's a real mixed bag.

A friend of mine had to do his EE2 Viva to the whole of year 12 (all English classes combined together) and had a 10 minute speech, after getting a question 2 minutes before.

My viva was a conversation with my teacher. We literally sat down on a couch and started talking about my MW. There wasn't a time limit or anything, and he kept interrupting to agree with me, or make a comment. I walked away from it going..wtf that was an assessment?!!?

Hectic.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
My viva was a conversation with my teacher. We literally sat down on a couch and started talking about my MW. There wasn't a time limit or anything, and he kept interrupting to agree with me, or make a comment. I walked away from it going..wtf that was an assessment?!!?
Mine was basically the same, only not on the lounge. Went in shit nervous for what could be thrown at me and came out completely at ease after having a pretty relaxed 45 minute conversation about my major work with the teacher...

We did have to answer a few written questions before we went in though, but it was nothing difficult at all for anyone who knew their major work inside out and could describe their processes... Took me less than an hour.

I don't care a whole lot about my actual mark for it because there are only 2 of us in the class and it's not overly competitive or anything...
Best assessment ever!

Last edited:

catherinet

HSC
I just kept on talking... even when i had already answered the question that they asked me.

By then end my teacher was like "I have only asked you three questions, but you've said everything that we need"

The moral of the story is: Never shut up :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
just got my mark...20/20!!!!

I agree with Catherinet. Just dont shutup. Ever.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
*holds hand and dances around in a circle*

That's the first time i have got 100% in anything since year 7.

I got a 104% in music once. Apparently it was a scaling error, but i took it anyway hah!

Good work Catherine, sure you deserve it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)