Vocab (1 Viewer)

Nickl_pickl

I am absolutely terrible at learning vocab, do u guys have any advice for me? How many vocab words do u try to learn eg. per week? I know we get to use a dictionary but i still think the comprehensions an listening tasks are so much easier if u know vocab.

trinity

WOW! someone else doing german!!! :D:D:D
ummmm vocab....i dont actually learn it, but the way ur supposed to do it is to get like 10 words and read them, then write them out, cover it up and try to remember them and write them out again...&keep going til u know them, then get some other words...etc
yeh i guess i should do some vocab learning too...hmmmm hope that helped...
viel Glck!!

SBHS4EVER

HSC
The Best idea is to watch shows like Inspector Rex and incorporate new vocab from that into your speaking in context.
I cant believe so many ppl r doing german! 3! Anyway Viel Glueck mit ihres Abi!
SBHS4EVER

Nickl_pickl

kommisar rex

OK thanx guys...

I like that idea of watching tv.....!
i guess there's the german news as well, and DW TV is on heaps on that new TV channel (channel 31), although inspector rex is much better than the news

kini mini

HSC
Generally I've found it hard to learn vocab by memorising a list, you need to read and hear words and phrases in their context for you to recall and use them :).

TV shows, magazines, newspapers, radio broadcasts are all very useful :).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ok german pplz I need translations for

The hole
The tower
The chute

they aren't part of a sentences they are going to be the names of pieces of writing

SBHS4EVER

HSC
This is incredible! 5 PEOPLE DOING GERMAN! Anyway the hole in german is Loch (neuter) as in a hole in the ground. The tower as in Eiffel is der Turm but i think when u say like Eiffel tower its der Eiffelturm. Keine Ahnung what the chute is- sorrrrrrryyy :D

DW TV is also on SBS but like at 7.30am (yawn...)
I only just remember too there's a couple regular tv shows on tv that are in German. One is an actual German teaching program Hallo aus Berlin. Even if u don't do German, this is hilariously inane. Theres also (wait for it) Erotic Tales on SBS Saturday 9.30pm. Unless you REALLY want to improve your German... i wouldnt bother :p
u guys go well in ur half-yearlys? Hope u did! Good Luck anyway

SBHS4EVER

trinity

ok... chute as in what? a rubbish chute is der Muellschlucker, and a chute for coal/parcels is die Rutsche- and yeh i agree with the others... did neone see the Kommissar Rex movie on Friday night? It was from the very beginning- when Rex first became a police dog...:D:D:D

yeh we used to watch Hallo aus Berlin...lol what a strange show!:rolleyes: :p

SBHS4EVER

HSC
Where art thou Hallo Aus Berlin??

They got rid of Hallo Aus Berlin!!! The pain!
Looks like its back to Feuerwerk and Waldorf... or yeah which textbooks u guys use?

That Inspector Rex movie is hilarious- that is the guys hairstyle is...

trinity

we used to use Feuerwerk 1 and 2 until yr 10 I think, but now we just use a whole combination of everything.:D :D

SBHS4EVER

HSC
Tower

I just remembered a tower is Aussichtturm- thats like a observation point thingy. If u get my drift.

We used Feuerwerk from 7-10 now we're using this bs Themen Neu- no cartoons :(
U guys bin to the charles sturt uni site for deutsch- its bloody good for tips on all things deutsch- deutlich too.
Enough german jokes for one day i think... :p

Don't learn a list that's boring. Listen to German radio (can be found online through Widows Media Player), read German books, watch German TV. the best way to do it is immersion. Make sure you have a bit of fun or you won't get through.

Now... if only I could get my grammar together... :(

I changed schools. In years 8-9 I used Feurwerk 1-2, in year 10-11 we used Sowieso 2, and in year 12 continuers we use Sowieso 3 and in Extension we use Brennpunkt (it's so hard!!). i also have a book called Einsicht but it's impossible.

Kai

i did 2u 3u german when i was in yr 11 and i didnt even go to ext classes and slept during 2u classes. got 95 2u and 47 3u
btw im chinese.

Last edited:

Nickl_pickl

Einsicht

If anyone is using einsicht, what do u think of it? I personally really don't like it!:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)