Was it just me...? (1 Viewer)

amyb

Am i completely dubm, or did other people have trouble reading the ambient temp/organism response graph? I couldn't make out which was an endotherm because NEITHER line represented one! Line 1's temp moved about a lot, so it could've been an ectotherm, but the ambient temp wasn't alternating like that, so it didn't fit. An ectotherm changes with the outside temp...not just whenever. And an endotherm keeps a fairly stable body temp...not have a giant increase like Like 2 did...ugh!
So...was it just me? I really want to complain about it, but if it is just me being a bit slow, then i won't.

P.S. Please be nice and tactful in your responses to 'am i completely dumb?' Thankyou :)

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
hehehe...
took me a while 2 figure out as well... then i rmembered endotherms hav a smaller temperature range than ectotherms.. therefore i concluded that Organism I was endotherm and II was ectotherm....
*fingers cross* hope im right.....:D

amyb

i had endotherm as organism 1 then changed it....ahh crap. Also, the 3rd part, where it asked about Org. 2's response to temp. change greater than W...that kind of convinced me they were talking about an endotherm there...??? Is that sound logic, or not?

Nezz

HSC
sorta, but ectotherms also respond to changes aswell dont they???
i said endo (I) ecto (II)

amyb

Yeah, but their responses are to move out of the heat, etc. Whereas, an endotherm's responses are more physiological/structural/behavioural. So the exponential-like curve was the endotherm, and the S-shaped curve was the ectotherm?...wish i could see the paper...bloody making it question/answer together...

rolz

i cant remember which one was which but then one that was stable then jumped up heaps was the ectotherm responding to the external environment and ambient temp

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
1. was endotherm
2. example could hav basically been any reptile i used blue tongue lizard
3. reponses i used where behavioral (ie moving to shade, sleeping during hot period) physiological (extrete conc. urine)

psycho_mushy

HSC
u guys think too much for a 1 or 2 mark question...

I just flip the page and plonk, endotherm... u don't have to scrutinise the question and analyse it so much that it makes u confused....

like seriously, orgasm 1 is endotherm and the blah blah blah.. u get the rest!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
u guys think too much for a 1 or 2 mark question...

I just flip the page and plonk, endotherm... u don't have to scrutinise the question and analyse it so much that it makes u confused....

like seriously, orgasm 1 is endotherm and the blah blah blah.. u get the rest!

u do realise psycho that on some occasions a 2 marks question is broken into 4 parts worth 1/2 a mark each?
because of this it is best to get ass neccessary information u think is worthwhile onto paper to try and maximise marks
its no good giving a few words cuase 'generally' that wont suffice

anyways its all over *hands psycho shot of vodka
drink up ppl
biology 2003 comes to and end

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
just a question it was an ectotherm u had to talk about???

Like i dont care wat 1 and 2 were aslong the 4 marks were talking bout ectotherms... I used Thorny Devil and talked about it remaining motionless for long periods of the day

young_gurl

yeah i wrote frilled neck lizard goes to shade as a behavioural adaption...it was pretty easy dunt u think?!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
just a question it was an ectotherm u had to talk about???
the first question asked u to talk about organism I = endotherm

question 2 asked for an example of organism II = ectotherm ie thorny devil

question 3 - responses to ambient temperature increase

all in all... questions 2 and 3 were about ectotherms

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
it is an ectotherm, not endotherm
nah its endotherm the line on organism !! is consistant with the rise in body temperature of a cold blooded ectothermic organism as it rises as temperature rises

while as bizzare as the line looked, organism I was endothermis..i think what it was saying was, a rise in temperature bring a rise in internal temperature until an equilibrium is reach..ie the plataeu and then another rise past 'w' increased temperatre again b4 coming back to equilibrium...

i thought the organism I line was misrepresented

psycho_mushy

HSC
telepathetic u fucking moron... can't u spell orgasm? man are u gonna fail fucking dumb shit

just kidding! hahaha I feel so down right now :(

amyb

That's what i want to complain about! Line 1 did not represent, truly and clearly, an endotherm. While, line 2, i guess, was clearer, that body temp of organism rises with ambient temp., the body temp of an endotherm does NOT go up and down like that, unless fever is present...and it WASN'T. Bloody BOS people...what the hell is wrong with CLARITY?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)